Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiroom et SqueezeBox : what is the minimum

Hello,

Just want to be sure what i need and if i can do it with HS2 and the Squeeze plugin :

I'd like to put some music in my 4 rooms ... BUT
    I want to manage music from HS2 only and the plugin.

- want to have the same music in 4 rooms
    - want to have music for the baby in a room and Acdc in the parents rooms for example ( or Not , i love Acdc ! )
    - want to have HS2 speaking in the rooms that i want to inform me about an alarm or something like that.

My question is simple i guess ....

- Can i do all of these with HS2 + plugin and Hstouch ?
    - Do i need only 4 logitech RECEIVER ( or 4 Duet or 4 Classic ) ? the server will be on the HS2 server or the Thecus Slimserver.
    - Plugin is compatible with the DUET ? and the Classic ? or receiver ?

Just want to be sure to know why i need to buy and what i can do ...

I want to thank you people who will read and answer me ... i know it's a long question but ... the budget is long too !

Thanks a lot for all.

Regards

Partial Answer

Originally posted by nslmanu View Post
    Hello,

Just want to be sure what i need and if i can do it with HS2 and the Squeeze plugin :

I'd like to put some music in my 4 rooms ... BUT
    I want to manage music from HS2 only and the plugin.

- want to have the same music in 4 rooms
    - want to have music for the baby in a room and Acdc in the parents rooms for example ( or Not , i love Acdc ! )
    - want to have HS2 speaking in the rooms that i want to inform me about an alarm or something like that.

My question is simple i guess ....

- Can i do all of these with HS2 + plugin and Hstouch ?
    - Do i need only 4 logitech RECEIVER ( or 4 Duet or 4 Classic ) ? the server will be on the HS2 server or the Thecus Slimserver.
    - Plugin is compatible with the DUET ? and the Classic ? or receiver ?

Just want to be sure to know why i need to buy and what i can do ...

I want to thank you people who will read and answer me ... i know it's a long question but ... the budget is long too !

Thanks a lot for all.

Regards

Hi,
    I have several Squeezeboxes/Transporter but have NOT tried the HS plug-in yet.

Yes you can synchronize any or all of the Squeezeboxes.

No you do not need a Squeezebox for the server. SqueezeCenter ( ak Slimserver, soon to be called Squeezebox Server) will run on your HS PC or on many NAS devices (check the Squeezebox Community for successful NAS - I run it on an Infrant (Netgear) NV, a couple of desktops, and even a low end laptop.

Hope someone else can answer the plug-in questions for you.

Comment

Oh great thanks a lot for your answer ...

Just to know that i can synchronize them is a good first point ! Just hope to have an answer with the plugin.

Many thanks

Question "- want to have HS2 speaking in the rooms that i want to inform me about an alarm or something like that." It's possible ?
      Last edited by nslmanu; August 31, 2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

The plug-in lets you display messages and screensavers with content driven from HS2. It does not directly act as a Speaker Client, but you can play announcements. See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...01&postcount=6 for a script example to do so. You can download a trial version to test it. The documentation (PDF) contains further details regarding actions and scripting support to play music, broadcast messages, etc. Bonne journee.

Comment

Oki Doki, so i can use mp3 ( recorded by myself for example ) and read by the script throught HS2 plugin ... in a event configuration. Correct ? after reading your link.

It is a beta but it doesn't matter.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X