Email Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Error

When trying to activate a test email I get this error.

10/14/2013 11:07:06 PM Error Exception sending email via smtp.gmail.com (To:xxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = Tried to read a line. Only '' received.

When I try again I get this one.
    10/14/2013 11:25:21 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:xxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = The authentication or decryption has failed.
    then this...
    10/14/2013 11:26:22 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:xxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = Socket is already connected

I am using the gmail setting with my main account for testing...

Any thoughts? I hae yet to send one email thru this system...all else seems to function fine.
    Dan
    Last edited by Tesadorn; October 15, 2013, 01:10 PM.

Found the problem and I posted build 3.0.0.35 which fixes the problem. On your ZEE go into setup, click "check for updates", then update to 3.0.0.35. Gmail should then work ok.

Originally posted by Tesadorn View Post
    When trying to activate a test email I get this error.

10/14/2013 11:07:06 PM Error Exception sending email via smtp.gmail.com (Tograuwickel@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = Tried to read a line. Only '' received.

When I try again I get this one.
    10/14/2013 11:25:21 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:dgrauwickel@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = The authentication or decryption has failed.
    then this...
    10/14/2013 11:26:22 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:dgrauwickel@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = Socket is already connected

I am using the gmail setting with my main account for testing...

Any thoughts? I hae yet to send one email thru this system...all else seems to function fine.
    Dan
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich!
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it tonight.

Awesome support!

Comment

Works great!

Many thanks.

Edit: Tesadorn (below) is correct. Errors out after sending one email. Same error in log.
          Last edited by cd-card-biz; October 16, 2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

10/16/2013 6:33:53 PM Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:xxxxx@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:motion, Attach = The object was used after being disposed.

worked only once and this is what I get after trying again.

Restarting the unit repeats cycle... one email then error..
            Last edited by Tesadorn; October 16, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Any news on this? Unfortunately email capability is the main reason I purchased this unit... as it sits it has no use for me without this feature...
              Not to be an *** but this seems to be a very large bug for a product like this no?
              BTW manual setup of Gmail still has the original bug posted.

Help!

Comment

Originally posted by Tesadorn View Post
                Any news on this? Unfortunately email capability is the main reason I purchased this unit... as it sits it has no use for me without this feature...
                Not to be an *** but this seems to be a very large bug for a product like this no?
                BTW manual setup of Gmail still has the original bug posted.

Help!
                Did you enter the bug into the Bugzilla system? If not the software developers will not know about the issue. In addition, there are several bug reports in the system so it could be a while before this bug gets fixed. If you want to "grab" the attention of the developers the paid support forum is the best avenue for this otherwise it's a bug in the queue.

Comment

I didn't know the the procedure was to enter it there... I will check it out.

Comment

Correct - the gmail setup causes the first email to be sent, then subsequent email sends fail.

Rupp - just FYI, none of the priority email links work and priority support is probably not used for beta releases.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Found this problem, I'll post a Zee update later today as I am posting an update to HS3 so it will get those changes too.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      Correct - the gmail setup causes the first email to be sent, then subsequent email sends fail.

Rupp - just FYI, none of the priority email links work and priority support is probably not used for beta releases.

Comment

Which links aren't working?
                        Priority support is for anyone wanting to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Which links aren't working?
                          Priority support is for anyone wanting to use it.
                          On your blue support link above. Hover over, then click Homeseer Priority Support

You get this screen:
                          Attached Files

Comment

On your blue support link above. Hover over, then click Homeseer Priority Support

You get this screen:
                            Thanks. I'll get Mark to fix this.

Comment

Same thing on this screen. It's really a moot point - I do find it hard to believe the HST would accept priority support for a beta release.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X