Change MediaVolume from HSTouch Event to %LastMediaVolume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change MediaVolume from HSTouch Event to %LastMediaVolume

How do i change the MediaVolume to the %LastMediaVolume Variable that gets stored

Here is a screenshot that works in setting the volume. What should i enter to use the variable that gets stored
    Attached Files

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    How do i change the MediaVolume to the %LastMediaVolume Variable that gets stored

Here is a screenshot that works in setting the volume. What should i enter to use the variable that gets stored

Ok skarragallagher,

In your question you asked about the %LastMediaVolume that get storred but I must warn you that I'm not very good at Tasker myself but managed to come up with setting a fixed VOLUME.

So here goes;
    Create a task in the HS3 Tasker engine tasks called MEDIA VOLUME as you can see in the attached image. Please don't mess with anything else except the task you are creating.
    The image shows setting a fixed volume. (I think but did not test the one liner in point 2. could work on its own without fuss)

Then in you event(s) just use the name of the task you created for the custom code. That will trigger the task on the phone or tablet. For the %LastMediaVolume, the principal is the same if you can get the variable wright
    I may be wrong so anyone else please help!

N.B You can also create a HomeSeer device showing the volume level. So if day/night situations you trigger a low/high volume automatically. (SET AND FORGET events).

Eman.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eman; February 28, 2016, 04:27 PM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but the Tasker app already has a task called MEDIAVOLUME where it sits the variable, I was asking how I use that variable so I can reset the volume to the last setting

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but the Tasker app already has a task called MEDIAVOLUME where it sits the variable, I was asking how I use that variable so I can reset the volume to the last setting
        Try to use the same principal. Create the task, then in HomeSeer fire it up (custom code) with the task's name.

I think I have seen what you are on about. Best practice is to email Tony and ask him how you use that one becuase it's a Profile but not a Task. The task itself is not named.
        Sorry about the error.

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; February 28, 2016, 03:55 PM. Reason: correction.

Comment

There is also an app SmartSoundProfiles which I use that could also simplify things. It has a tasker plugin as well.

Eman.

Comment

I'll check it out but would appreciate if tonlof would weigh in as well

Comment

I'll check it out but would appreciate if tonlof would weigh in as well
              The thing I noted over time is when tonlof has mentioned something he seldom does not want to repeat it. Let me hope he is not on holiday.

Look at what is discussed here:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174670

Eman.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the link although it didn't address my original post.

I would expect support on paid plugins regardless if he likes to repeat himself or not. The fact is that if this was included in the documentation I wouldn't have to ask.

The "mediavolume" task stores the current volume into the lastmediavolume variable before changing the volume to what you specify.

How do I call that stored variable from a homeseer event?

I have tried putting the variable name on the homeseer event but that didn't work. I can specify a particular volume but I wasn't too call the stored variable.

I appreciate your comments and attempts to help. Hoping someone who knows how will weigh in here if Tonlof can't be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                  The thing I noted over time is when tonlof has mentioned something he seldom does not want to repeat it. Let me hope he is not on holiday.

Look at what is discussed here:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174670

Eman.
                  Hi Eman, I'm sorry but my English is not the best and I don't understand what you mean with "does not want to repeat".
                  Thanks Tony
                  Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                  --
                  Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi, thanks for the link although it didn't address my original post.

I would expect support on paid plugins regardless if he likes to repeat himself or not. The fact is that if this was included in the documentation I wouldn't have to ask.

The "mediavolume" task stores the current volume into the lastmediavolume variable before changing the volume to what you specify.

How do I call that stored variable from a homeseer event?

I have tried putting the variable name on the homeseer event but that didn't work. I can specify a particular volume but I wasn't too call the stored variable.

I appreciate your comments and attempts to help. Hoping someone who knows how will weigh in here if Tonlof can't be bothered
                    Hi skarragallagher, to trigger MEDIAVOLUME execute custom command.
                    Where does it comes from that I don't want to repeat?? I happy to help, if I dont need to translate I have write better. I'm sorry for anyone, have I missed anyones email? I'm sorry but I have no unanswered email.

Explanation

mediavolume=xx|yy
                    where
                    xx = volume level
                    yy = seconds to restore
                    ex. mediavolume=5|10
                    Set volume to 5 in 10 seconds, after that it will restore to the value it was before.
                    Hope I could explain it.
                    Thanks
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi Tonlof,

You have provided great support and a great plugin for homeseer. Thanks for weighing in here.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Currently (per my screenshots) in the previous post, I don't use the second parameter for the specifying the time. I just use:

MEDIAVOLUME=15 (example)

What I would like to do is use a homeseer event to trigger the restore of the %lastmediavolume variable

I am not sure of that is possible but I thought I would ask

Currently I am using the plugin to set the media volume to full (100%) when I start playing music. When I stop playing music I want the mediavolume to be restored.

I hope that helps explain what I am trying to accomplish and I do appreciate any suggestions you might have in achieving this.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Tonlof,

You have provided great support and a great plugin for homeseer. Thanks for weighing in here.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Currently (per my screenshots) in the previous post, I don't use the second parameter for the specifying the time. I just use:

MEDIAVOLUME=15 (example)

What I would like to do is use a homeseer event to trigger the restore of the %lastmediavolume variable

I am not sure of that is possible but I thought I would ask

Currently I am using the plugin to set the media volume to full (100%) when I start playing music. When I stop playing music I want the mediavolume to be restored.

I hope that helps explain what I am trying to accomplish and I do appreciate any suggestions you might have in achieving this.

Thanks again
                        Aha okay, I hope I understand it right this time

Create a new TASK,
                        RESTOREMEDIAVOLUME
                        Add Media Volume and set the value to %Lastmediavolume

Trigger the task with custom command and the name of the task. In this case restoremediavolume
                        I have attach the task as xml that you can import in tasker.
                        Thanks
                        Attached Files
                        --
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thank you so much, this was exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Thank you so much, this was exactly what I was looking for!
                            Perfect
                            --
                            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                              Hi Eman, I'm sorry but my English is not the best and I don't understand what you mean with "does not want to repeat".
                              Thanks Tony
                              Hi tonlof,
                              Sorry for the inconvience but as you can see in post #4 I was trying to help. I guess I had lost the will to live

What I told skarragallagher looks a bit simlar to your last post here at # 12 but we did not know what to fill in the custom code.
                              All is good on this side and I hold no ill feelings
                              At least we have learnt new stuff with your help.

Eman.
                              Last edited by Eman; February 29, 2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X