Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird bug: Updating other plugins, removes Tasker from plugin list

As title.

I've seen before that the Tasker plugin has disappeared, but only now realized why. When I updated another plugin, the Tasker plugin disappeared from the plugin list. It first showed up below as a remote plugin. I disconnected it and reinstalled it and everything was fine again.

... but why?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    As title.

I've seen before that the Tasker plugin has disappeared, but only now realized why. When I updated another plugin, the Tasker plugin disappeared from the plugin list. It first showed up below as a remote plugin. I disconnected it and reinstalled it and everything was fine again.

... but why?
    There are alot of these somewhere else. Take a look at this one here: http://67.217.100.102/showthread.php?p=1223543

Sometimes alot of plugins go missing so if you didn't have a backed up HomeSeer folder, you can go mad.
    Or search HomeSeer database corruption errors

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

This doesn't seem to be related. I have no database errors.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        As title.

... but why?
        I have exactly same issue with other plugins but not with Tasker so I have no clue why this occur. I'm only running Tasker plugin remotly when I program and not have the plugin live for the moment and the problem still exist with other plugins.
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

The first time I saw this was when I unistalled the ADIO-100 plugin before I deleted its devices. Lost half of my plugins. Then it happened again when upgraded the Restart plugin. Lost some including Tasker then happened again when I upgraded the z-wave plugin to a beta version.
          On all instances I have restored the HomeSeer folder and reinstalled the same plugins and that fixes it. I don't say it's the solution but I always use the backup folder to fix it.

Eman.

Comment

I noticed this as well with the beta version. I posted a thread about it as well with the error that happens.

Restarting HS recovers it. I have since reverted back to the older version. I gained back the other bug for the local IP, but at least it's staying up and running.

Comment

Happens to me all the time for Tasker and Sonos plugin.
              Sometimes I restart HS3 and all of sudden my plugins all show as remote plugins.
              Restarting always fixes things, although tasker usually requires a reinstall.

Just a little too unstable. Hopefully this gets resolved sometime this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
                Happens to me all the time for Tasker and Sonos plugin.
                Sometimes I restart HS3 and all of sudden my plugins all show as remote plugins.
                Restarting always fixes things, although tasker usually requires a reinstall.

Just a little too unstable. Hopefully this gets resolved sometime this year.
                Hi, is there any difference between beta and non beta?
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi all,

Are you all who are getting this bug running HomeSeer on Windows? Why I ask is I happen to run Windows. And I run all the latest betas of everything. Plugins and HomeSeer including HSTouch. So when this happens after installing a beta plugin, I just restore the HomeSeer folder and reinstall the new plugin. My system is running fine with everything latest.
                  This could be caused by SQL. And please don't hold me on this. I don't know! It could be anything.

Eman.

Comment

Same thing happens to me, with Sonos plugin. Guessing its a HS bug?

Comment

Since I don't now if this is related to the plugin or not but I have done some changes. So for you that have problem you may try Beta 3.0.4.1
                      --
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                        Since I don't now if this is related to the plugin or not but I have done some changes. So for you that have problem you may try Beta 3.0.4.1

What's new in the new version?
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          What's new in the new version?
                          Nothing new, just trying to see if the problem can be isolated for those that have problem.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Okay, it's installed. We'll see how it goes when the next plugin update occurs.

Comment

I just looked t my plugin page and the Tasker plugin was listed as remote. I restarted HS and the Tasker plugin was again in the proper place but it was disabled. I enabled it and so far everything seems to be working.

Just a heads up.
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
                              X