www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsMQTT (3P)

mcsMQTT (3P) Discussion of mcsMQTT plug-in

Old April 13th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

Possible Issue: Not recognizing string

Michael,
Might have found an issue. I have a payload of 1:04:12:51 and it's not recognized as a string.
Attached Images

Old April 13th, 2018, 05:56 PM
OverSeer

There has been a discussion on this on the 3.2.x.x thread. I believe the default UI is List rather than Text. HS also seems to have an issue forgetting VSP's after they have been deleted. I suggest the following:
Use Manual tab to select Text for your subscription
Use Association tab to remove Accept checkbox and then set it back. It will create a new HS device without the history of the VSP definitions.
Old April 13th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks, that worked.

Noticed the Manual tab has a lot of info populated from the last accepted topic. First time I've noticed this. How is this populated? Is it only on right after a topic is accepted?
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:57 PM
OverSeer

Correct, the Association and Manual tabs are synchronized. If some thing is one on one, then the other is updated.
Old April 14th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Seer Deluxe

Great thanks.
Old April 14th, 2018, 12:12 AM
OverSeer

I changed the List type in 3.2.18.0 to no longer be an auto-determined type, but still available as a user option. This seems to work better with the current behavior of HS.
Old April 14th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Seer Master

Would it be possible to add an additional synchronization method outside of the Accept method.

This would be super handy in making changes.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Old April 14th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Seer Deluxe

That would be a nice feature.
Old April 14th, 2018, 09:15 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Would it be possible to add an additional synchronization method outside of the Accept method.
I do not understand the suggestion. Can you elaborate?
Old April 14th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
I do not understand the suggestion. Can you elaborate?
Currently, the method of synchronization exists when using the "A" button.

I'm suggesting adding an additional method for synchronization (button?).

This would make adjusting Accepted topics entries much easier.
Old April 14th, 2018, 09:39 AM
OverSeer

Are you looking for a button that will populate the Manual tab that serves the function of the top two text boxes that are on the Manual tab?

HS uses hyperlink on the device name on Device Management to get to the Edit tabs. This actually brings up a new page. They did not provide a mechanism to my knowledge to get back other than selecting the Device Management from the menu again.
Old April 14th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Seer Deluxe

Possible Issue: Not recognizing string

What I think he’s asking, and what I would like as well, is a button or link next to the accepted topic on the associations tab in the PI setup that populates the manual tab. Just like checking the accepted box does.

This would allow adjustments to the accepted topic without needing to uncheck the accepted box, then check it again. This would be desirable as the device would not lose its customizations or event relationships. For instance, if the device is used in events or has other customizations (parent/child relationship, name, Room, vs pairs) all of these customizations would need to be done again. Some of the customizations (such as event relationships) aren’t easy to see and are easily forgotten. If an event relationship was missed, that particular automation would be broken.
Old April 14th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolter View Post
What I think he’s asking, and what I would like as well, is a button or link next to the accepted topic on the associations tab in the PI setup that populates the manual tab. Just like checking the accepted box does.

This would allow adjustments to the accepted topic without needing to uncheck the accepted box, then check it again. This would be desirable as the device would not lose its customizations or event relationships. For instance, if the device is used in events or has other customizations (parent/child relationship, name, Room, vs pairs) all of these customizations would need to be done again. Some of the customizations (such as event relationships) aren’t easy to see and are easily forgotten. If an event relationship was missed, that particular automation would be broken.
This..
Old April 14th, 2018, 05:18 PM
OverSeer

The Ref number on the Association tab is now a button. When clicked the Manual tab is updated with that Ref number information. 3.2.19.0

To clarify what appears to be a usability confusion. One can copy the Ref number (or Subscribe Topic) and paste it into the top of the Manual tab. This will populate it just as the button that just added does.

The Uncheck/Check the Accept box was done to overcome what looks to be a HS problem of remembering previously defined VSP and VGP for a Device. The only way to forget was to create a new device. That is what the Uncheck/Check dance did. Since any edit on the Association row would populate the Manual tab, this action did the population.
Old April 14th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
The Ref number on the Association tab is now a button. When clicked the Manual tab is updated with that Ref number information. 3.2.19.0

To clarify what appears to be a usability confusion. One can copy the Ref number (or Subscribe Topic) and paste it into the top of the Manual tab. This will populate it just as the button that just added does.

The Uncheck/Check the Accept box was done to overcome what looks to be a HS problem of remembering previously defined VSP and VGP for a Device. The only way to forget was to create a new device. That is what the Uncheck/Check dance did. Since any edit on the Association row would populate the Manual tab, this action did the population.
Understood on the usability concerns, but this is very helpful. And you Sir are the hardest working PI dev I've ever seen here on HS.

You NEED to setup a donation method OR for the love of Pete start charging for this gem!.

Now TAKE MY MONEY!..

Oh and thanks for your help.
Old April 15th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks Michael!
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Seer Deluxe

Michael,
Getting a little further into configuring devices to send MQTT and not sure what happened but the uptime string values are not showing HS device list. It appears the correct HS Device Control/Status UI is selected in the PI but the device is not displaying the string value.

I also tried changing the uptime to be the number of seconds instead of a formatted string and it still not showing anything on the HS device list.
Attached Images

Old April 16th, 2018, 10:57 PM
OverSeer

The debug may have something if you have it enabled. Also make certain you are using the version in the Updater so the source matches for investigation.
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Was running 3.2.19.0, upgraded to 3.2.19.1. Both were updater versions.

Deleted the device (1093) and recreated it (1094). Attached the debugs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mcsMQTT Debug-6.txt (6.6 KB, 1 views)
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:09 AM
OverSeer

The code sequence is below for the debug "Update Accepted 1094 to 13069". Seems pretty straightforward to me that either Value or String will be updated based upon the Status/Control UI setting of the plugin. Conditions are that 1094 exists and it belongs to mcsMQTT. If the Status/Control UI setting is at Button or List then the VSP will result in a 0 being stored because 13069 will be the first payload observed. In 3.2.19.4 I put more debug in the code below to better isolate the path it is taking.

Code:
            If gDebugLog Then
                hsWritelog(PLUGIN_DEBUG, "Update Accepted " & iRef.ToString & " to " & sValue)
            End If
            If iRef > -1 Then
                'if payload is numeric then set DeviceValue
                'if not numeric then lookup status/graphic pairs and if found then set DeviceValue to the corresponding value (now just look for 0/1 OFF/ON)
                'if not numeric and SET_DOES_NOT_CHANGE_LAST_CHANGE is not set then update DeviceValue and DeviceString, otherwise set only DeviceString
                dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(iRef)
                If dv IsNot Nothing Then
                    bUpdateLastChange = Not dv.MISC_Check(hs, Enums.dvMISC.SET_DOES_NOT_CHANGE_LAST_CHANGE)
                    nHSValue = dv.devValue(hs)
                    If dv.Interface(hs) = PLUGIN_NAME Then
                        If dv.AssociatedDevices_Count(hs) = 1 AndAlso dv.Relationship(hs) = Enums.eRelationship.Child Then
                            Dim iList() As Integer = dv.AssociatedDevices(hs)
                            iParentRef = iList(0)
                        End If
                        If iParentRef = 0 Then
                            iParentRef = -1
                        End If
                        Dim iVGP As StatusTypes = oMQTT.StatusType
                        If iVGP = StatusTypes.Number Then
                            'If IsNumeric(sValue) Then
                            bValueChange = nValue <> nHSValue
                            hs.SetDeviceString(iRef, "", False)
                            hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(iRef, nValue, True) 'bValueChange) ' trigger event if there was a change in value changed to true 4/2/2018
                        ElseIf iVGP = StatusTypes.Text Then
                            Dim sString As String = hs.DeviceString(iRef)
                            bValueChange = sString <> sValueIn
                            If bValueChange Then
                                hs.SetDeviceString(iRef, sValueIn, False)
                            End If
                            If IsNumeric(sValueIn) Then
                                hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(iRef, CType(sValueIn, Double), True) 'so devicevalue trigger can be used 
                            Else
                                hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(iRef, nHSValue, True) 'so devicevalue trigger can be used 
                            End If

Else 'button/list
                            nValue = CType(oMQTT.VGPValue(sValueIn), Double)
                            bValueChange = nValue <> nHSValue
                            hs.SetDeviceString(iRef, "", False)
                            hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(iRef, nValue, True)
                        End If