Maybe getting a new phone and wanting feedback/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe getting a new phone and wanting feedback/opinions

I'm a long time Android user but I did have an iPhone 4S for a short while. I'm looking at maybe getting a new phone and considering whether or not to buy an iPhone.

I'm looking at either upgrading to a new Galaxy or to an iPhone. I'm not impressed with the latest Galaxy offerings and I don't care for the super long look/feel of the new Galaxy S9. I did look at the iPhone 8 Plus and it's nice. I rather like the size. I glanced slightly at the iPhone X and I like the way it looks and I really don't know much about the iPhone offerings.

So... off topic of HS but looking for others opinions.

I'm still a Android user, got a nexus 6P for personal use.
    But using an iPhone 6 for work.
    But using both as a daily, I'll stick to Android... Pixel 2 XL or wait the new coming this October...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Iphones are way to limited for me. Stick with the Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
        Iphones are way to limited for me. Stick with the Galaxy.
        Yeah I may just wait few more months and see what comes out.

Comment

I used Android for my first few smart phones. I switched to an iPhone 5 fist. My wife immediately took to iOS and asked me to switch hers out so we both got an iPhone 6 when they were released. When the 7+ came out, we both liked the larger size and replaced both. We had the 7+ phones until the X came out and again upgraded to the X. The X offers nearly the screen real estate that the 7+ did in a smaller package and offers an OLED display.

We both remain very happy with the X. The battery life is very good, the WiFi and cellular radios/antennas are quite good. The X has a slight learning curve due to the absence of a home button. It is all gestures to navigate. After learning it, it is actually easy. The face recognition for unlocking the phone is extremely reliable, except if wearing dark glasses. The cameras are the best yet. Apple was late to the game with OLED, waterproofing and wireless charging, but the X has all.

That said, I think the phone choice is merely an individual choice as to which O/S suits you better. The hardware between the two platforms is very similar. We are not Apple fanboys here, but we have gotten used to the way things work across phones, watches and tablets. We both still use Windows laptops and desktops and I have an iMac for times when I want to use an Apple desktop. Apple's continuity across all platforms is really nice.

I would say that Android has one clear advantage over iOS - it is much better at doing things in the background. HSTouch definitely works better on an Android.

Starting with the 8 Apple eliminated the 3.5mm phone jack, so you will need a bluetooth adapter for headphones or other audio output interfaces. There are dongles that split a lightning connector into a headphone jack and lightning connector.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X