This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karib View Post
    You would need an Elk M1XSP (Serial expander) plus a serial PowerLink like the 2414s (if my memory is working on the smarthome part number)

Firmware would need to be upgraded to the Insteon version for the serial expander
    I'll make this hardware purchase to add Insteon support.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by danschwinn View Post
      Is there any way to control lighting directly through the Ultra M1 plug-in? I can control lighting through M1 tasks but that is rather inflexible and roundabout. Specifically, I would like to control Insteon devices (primarily lighting) hooked up to my M1.
      I plan on purchasing additional hardware in order to add this support.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I tried adding X10 via the Elk M1 panel, but couldn't get it working. Can I add this via a serial port expander (ELK M1XSP)? If so, do you have a part number for the X10 module so I can purchase the part?

Yes, ethernet connectivity has been implemented. I have been running it 24 x 7 for about a month without issues.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I doubt if this would be done via the serial expander. There is an onboard jack that you can connect an X10 powerline device to and I was wondering if this plugin could send X10 messages out that Jack and also receive those messages. A work around would be to manage the X10 commands via tasks and use the plugin to run the tasks but thats a little cumbersome.

Also, with the ethernet, does the plugin poll the panel in set intervals, the reason I ask is, if the panel drops off line for some reason, will the plugin know ie: panel status = offline ?

Cheers..Peter
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
          I doubt if this would be done via the serial expander. There is an onboard jack that you can connect an X10 powerline device to and I was wondering if this plugin could send X10 messages out that Jack and also receive those messages. A work around would be to manage the X10 commands via tasks and use the plugin to run the tasks but thats a little cumbersome.
          I checked out the docs and it looks pretty easy to add support for X10. What type of interface would you be looking for?

Also, with the ethernet, does the plugin poll the panel in set intervals, the reason I ask is, if the panel drops off line for some reason, will the plugin know ie: panel status = offline ?
          I already started working on this. I want to have the plug-in detect when it lost connectivity to the panel (serial or ethernet), then update the panel status and fall back to retry logic until it reconnects. I'll also provide a trigger (on panel connect, on panel disconnect) so you could run an event. It would be cool if the Elk had "HomeSeer" as a word/phrase so an event could trigger the Elk to speak "HomeSeer trouble".

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Ultrajones

Tnx for the reply. I'm using Mark's plugin to manage the X10 port on the ELK. I dont know the part number but its a bi-directional X10 device that I'm injecting X10 into my lighting circuit.

As for the panel offline, I think thats an important one to have. I think it would be worth looking into...I have a trigger setup to SMS me if the Panel looses connection with HS....

Cheers..Pete
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

As for the panel offline, I think thats an important one to have. I think it would be worth looking into...I have a trigger setup to SMS me if the Panel looses connection with HS....
              Cheers..Pete
              This feature is now available. If the Elk M1 has not reported the XK status for over 60 seconds, the plug-in will attempt to reconnect every 30 seconds until successful. A new Elk M1 Watchdog Trigger will allow you to create events so you can take futher action if necessary to restore the Elk M1 connectivity.

Comment

I added PLC support to the UltraM1G plug-in. I have tested PLC support using Insteon with the Elk M1XSP and the PowerLink 2414s. Seems to work ok along side the HomeSeer Insteon plug-in, but device actions by one do not show up in the other.

I'll do some additional testing and release an update shortly.

Comment

PLC and Elk M1 Lighting support has been added. See
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...90&postcount=2

Other "features" will be added based on demand.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    I tried adding X10 via the Elk M1 panel, but couldn't get it working. Can I add this via a serial port expander (ELK M1XSP)? If so, do you have a part number for the X10 module so I can purchase the part?

Yes, ethernet connectivity has been implemented. I have been running it 24 x 7 for about a month without issues.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Ultra, sorry I missed responding to this. I've added an X10 powerline module, what the part number is, I have no idea, a friend in Australia got it for me, its a bi-directional device.

With respect to ethernet, have you tried disconnecting HS from the ELK and see what the plugin does over say a 1-3 day period ?. I remember Marks plugin caused HS to really bloat and not release memory. Again I only ask because if you go away on holidays and you cant get to your gear, will HS stay up. I think Mark was going to try every 30 seconds for say 5 minutes and then rate limit it to say 1 poll every 10 mins to stop the memory bloat.

Pete
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

HI Ultra

A few suggestions. These could already be implemented but I didnt see them in the doco or drop down boxes...

1) Pressing a F key on the keypad, was that defined as a trigger anywhere ? I saw in your features list this was available however I couldnt find it.

2) Time Sync. I noticed your plugin syncs the time when HS starts. Could you have a predefined action that syncs the time to the users PC, rather than restarting HS

3) Lighting control. When the PLC lights are defined in your plugin, is there a feature to set the codes for the lights that are connected to the M1 ? I noticed they defaulted to A1..be nice if you could define them before checking the box to create the device.

4) Analogue temp zone. Could you allow the user to set the poll value for the analogue temp zone (Zones 1-16) ?

5) Analogue voltage detection. If the zone is setup for Analogue Voltage, could you tell me if your plugin handles reporting back a number ?

I'm quite impressed with how it works. Once I can get the housecode issue sorted, I'd like to re-install and see how your plugin goes...
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ultra

On the main status page for the M1 devices, could you change the formatting ie: column widths ?

It would be good if you could widen the "Name" field and narrow the "Control" field...the control doesnt need to be so wide and the name field wordraps up to 3 levels...

Ta..Pete
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Hi Ultra

Would like to see a change to the "alarm panel status". I noted by accident when I didnt enter in a user code, when I set the alarm to away or stay via control, the plugin showed the alarm was in this status when it wasnt.

Could you change the status to be the actual status sent by the panel and not the "assumed" status. If I were away on Holidays and I had people arming and disarming my panel and I didnt notice the disconnect status of the alarm, I could be led to believe the alarm was armed when it wasnt......

Be good to use a "positive" status, not an assumed.....

Cheers..Pete
                          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ultra

On the main status page for the M1 devices, could you change the formatting ie: column widths ?

It would be good if you could widen the "Name" field and narrow the "Control" field...the control doesnt need to be so wide and the name field wordraps up to 3 levels...

Ta..Pete
                            The main status page you are referring to is actually a HomeSeer web page. I don't have any control over the column widths.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

With respect to ethernet, have you tried disconnecting HS from the ELK and see what the plugin does over say a 1-3 day period ?. I remember Marks plugin caused HS to really bloat and not release memory. Again I only ask because if you go away on holidays and you cant get to your gear, will HS stay up. I think Mark was going to try every 30 seconds for say 5 minutes and then rate limit it to say 1 poll every 10 mins to stop the memory bloat.

Pete
                              The UltraM1G plug-in is 100% managed code. There shouldn't be any memory growth when it falls into the watchdog reconnect logic.

Comment

HI Ultra

A few suggestions. These could already be implemented but I didnt see them in the doco or drop down boxes...

1) Pressing a F key on the keypad, was that defined as a trigger anywhere ? I saw in your features list this was available however I couldnt find it.

2) Time Sync. I noticed your plugin syncs the time when HS starts. Could you have a predefined action that syncs the time to the users PC, rather than restarting HS

3) Lighting control. When the PLC lights are defined in your plugin, is there a feature to set the codes for the lights that are connected to the M1 ? I noticed they defaulted to A1..be nice if you could define them before checking the box to create the device.

4) Analogue temp zone. Could you allow the user to set the poll value for the analogue temp zone (Zones 1-16) ?

5) Analogue voltage detection. If the zone is setup for Analogue Voltage, could you tell me if your plugin handles reporting back a number ?

I'm quite impressed with how it works. Once I can get the housecode issue sorted, I'd like to re-install and see how your plugin goes...
                                I answered #1 in a previous posting you made.

I'll add #2 as a feature request.

I answered #3 in a previous posting you made.

I'll added #4 as a feature request.

For #5, isn't that how the temperature zones report their temp? I'll have to check the code, but I think that if the zone is an analog zone, it reports the value.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X