Sunrise & Sunset incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise & Sunset incorrect

I have events that trigger off sunrise & sunset. Wonky things were happening and I noticed on the main Homeseer screen sunrise is set to 3:34am and sunset 1:23pm.
    Date/Time are correct and I'm connected to myHomeseer service.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by gmab View Post
    I have events that trigger off sunrise & sunset. Wonky things were happening and I noticed on the main Homeseer screen sunrise is set to 3:34am and sunset 1:23pm.
    Date/Time are correct and I'm connected to myHomeseer service.

Thoughts?
    Check your latitude and longitude settings. Also note that longitude is entered without the "-" symbol.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Check your latitude and longitude settings. Also note that longitude is entered without the "-" symbol.
      Thanks, that was it. Somehow it ended up on manual rather than my local settings.

Comment

Problems with Sunrise and Sunset

Hi all, I'm having a similar issue with Sunset and Sunrise times in HS3! I'm in Boise, Id. My laptop is correctly set to Mountain time and is currently showing the correct time. Homeseer setup, I've chosen Boise, ID for the location for latitude and longitude. It displays my sunset time as 5:51am (yes AM), and sunrise as 2:50pm. I've rebooted HS3 as well as the laptop. I've checked that the latitude and longitude are correct. I've also tried manually entering them. Then just to doublecheck, I chose other locations near me like Denver - still VERY wrong sunset and sunrise times? Ideas? My sunrise should be 6:23am and sunset should be 9:20pm...

Comment

What version are you running? There was a recent change to correct the longitude setting; previously it had to be negated.

According to HS3 release notes, the change was at the latest release version, .435.

Comment

Thanks. It's HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 (brand new computer, so I just downloaded and installed). I'm just choosing locations from the LOCATION pulldown - not even entering manually - so I'm not screwing anything up with dash or negative signs... It's currently 10:55am where I am (Boise, ID). My computer clock says 10:55am. I've picked "US-Idaho, Boise (116.20, 43.62)" from the pulldown list, and even after restarting, Homeseer displays "Sunrise: 2:54pm Sunset: 5:47am". As I test, I instead choose "US-Georgia, Augusta (81.97, 33.47)", and Homeseer now displays "Sunrise: 5:38PM, Sunset: 7:38AM". There has to be another setting somewhere screwing this up, right?

Comment

Originally posted by meofleur View Post
              Thanks. It's HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435 (brand new computer, so I just downloaded and installed). I'm just choosing locations from the LOCATION pulldown - not even entering manually - so I'm not screwing anything up with dash or negative signs... It's currently 10:55am where I am (Boise, ID). My computer clock says 10:55am. I've picked "US-Idaho, Boise (116.20, 43.62)" from the pulldown list, and even after restarting, Homeseer displays "Sunrise: 2:54pm Sunset: 5:47am". As I test, I instead choose "US-Georgia, Augusta (81.97, 33.47)", and Homeseer now displays "Sunrise: 5:38PM, Sunset: 7:38AM". There has to be another setting somewhere screwing this up, right?
              That's strange, longitude (1st number) should be negative for the US. Try manually changing that.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                That's strange, longitude (1st number) should be negative for the US. Try manually changing that.
                Just confirmed that on mine (also .435), all the choices on the location pulldown for US cities have a negative longitude. Strange indeed.

Comment

Perfect. Manually putting a negative in front of the longitude fixed it. Wonder why your version 435 displays and works differently than my version 435?

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X