This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    Noticed that hearbeat related events are not logged. This may be by design but wanted to point it out.
    yah, I just need to add the trigger
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Also noticed that the LED off command seems to be hit or miss.
      When I set it to off, it seemed like it worked for a bit. But a half hour later I checked it again and the light LED was indicating motion again. The change may have occurred when the last heartbeat was transmitted.
      if you reread the settings, is the LED still set to Off?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Noticed that hearbeat related events are not logged. This may be by design but wanted to point it out.
        what are you expecting to be logged related to "heartbeat events"?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes the LED is still listed as OFF after re-reading the devices settings.

As for reporting:

Heartbeat should just probably show:

Apr-09 2:35:28 PM Insteon Received Master Bedroom Motion-II Heartbeat - Temperature and Light Level updated
          Or perhaps break the 3 items up in to individual log items because temp and light level are both set to not change update time if there is no change. So you should only get a log event if something actually changes.

I accutually plan to control ceiling fans based on room temp data given by these motions. Given how cheap they are, I may just buy some that are only used for temp data and not motion. Those could be powered by USB.

Something to note about the temp sensor in this motion. I've been testing it with a known valid temp sensor and it looks like when the motion is stuck directly to the wall with the included double stick tape, it is reading the temp of the wall (which is much less dynamic than air temperature. When I get another device I will test the same with the flex mount they give you to see if that provides enough isolation from the wall to give more accurate temp readings. I'm fairly certain that it will. Right now I'm seeing a 9 degree difference between my wall temp and air temp which would not be a big deal to adjust for, but the wall moderates the temp which makes temp swings take far too long.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Got one going and all looks good.

Few questions:
            1) On USB so heartbeat always says off but shows a last changed time, this expected behavior?
            2) On USB and battery level shows low, tried a few different usb plugs and went from change to low, this expected behavior on USB? Delete the 2 battery and forget about it?
            3) Options for heartbeat Interval are increments of 23 mins (23, 46 , 1:09, etc..) on USB could these not be every 5 mins or so. - I know this only updates light/temp but just curious about the 23 (Jordan Fan?)

Everything seems to function, I use the dusk/dawn sensor so looking forward to that update

Thanks for all your work

Thanks,
            Steven G

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
              Got one going and all looks good.

Few questions:
              1) On USB so heartbeat always says off but shows a last changed time, this expected behavior?
              2) On USB and battery level shows low, tried a few different usb plugs and went from change to low, this expected behavior on USB? Delete the 2 battery and forget about it?
              3) Options for heartbeat Interval are increments of 23 mins (23, 46 , 1:09, etc..) on USB could these not be every 5 mins or so. - I know this only updates light/temp but just curious about the 23 (Jordan Fan?)

Everything seems to function, I use the dusk/dawn sensor so looking forward to that update

Thanks for all your work

Thanks,
              Steven G
              Steven,
              1. yes this is expected behavior. the devices goes On (when it receives the msg) and then immediately Off. you can use this behavior to test if an On hasn't been received in 24 hrs for example. This might indicate a comm problem, or a dead battery.

2. I would ignore the battery level when running on usb. However don't delete the battery devices however just hide them.

3. the heartbeat intervals are set in the firmware. I'll ask smarthome about the MJ reference
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Motion-II results after a few days...

1. LED off control is not working.

2. Motion / No Motion function is working perfectly. Very good reaction times and reliability. The range on these motions is about 20% better than my newest Motion-1 (about 4 months old)

3. Temperature sensing is going to be inaccurate if you stick the device to a wall. I have a known good thermometer that I am placing a few inches from one of my sensors and it was clearly being influenced by thermal conductivity between the wall surface the plastic. The result was that the temperature was moderated by the wall. Much like a body of water moderates the temp of nearby land masses. I switched the motion to the stupid little flex mount. (going to need to make a better version of that) and solved the issue. The thermistor in my device was off by around 3 degrees.

I could not figure out what calculation is used for the temp adjustment. It doesn't seem to make any sense. But to come up three degree's I used +15 It should be noted that you should wait a good twenty four hours for the thermistor to stabilize before you attempt to calibrate it.

Here are my current settings for reference:
                Attached Files

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

thanks for the testing and feedback

did you try setting the led brightness to 0?

if your temp is off by 3 degrees try a temp calibration of +/- 4
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll try the brightness and report back.

I got it calibrated perfectly by using the settings shown. Do you happen to know what the actual math is there? You said it was a fraction. So logic would have it be a tenth of a degree. So for 3 degrees up, you would pick +30. But that got me 133F when I was shooting for 73F. +11 got me 71.1 and +15 got me 73.3. So...
                    Last edited by codemonkey; April 11, 2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Set LED Brightness to Zero. No effect. Still blinks on motion.

Comment

Set LED Brightness to Zero. No effect. Still blinks on motion.
                        ok. thanks for testing. I'll ask SH how to disable the LED, I think I have exhausted all the options I see in the docs
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'll try the brightness and report back.

I got it calibrated perfectly by using the settings shown. Do you happen to know what the actual math is there? You said it was a fraction. So logic would have it be a tenth of a degree. So for 3 degrees up, you would pick +30. But that got me 133F when I was shooting for 73F. +11 got me 71.1 and +15 got me 73.3. So...
                          i get the raw temperature byte from the heartbeat msg and convert it based on the power source according to one of the following:

for hardwired operation: temp in fahrenheit = 0.73 * decimal value - 20.53
                          for battery powered operation: temp in fahrenheit = 0.72 * decimal value - 24.61
                          my understanding is the calibration value affects the temperature byte in the heartbeat msg

suggestions welcome for revising the calibration values.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

If possible, I would LOVE to have the calibration be in .1 degree increments.

Comment

I have a couple more devices on order. I plan to calibrate them all identically and see how consistent they are. Once we have a baseline then you might be able to set a better base calibration. We may find that they are all over the place. In that case it will be a little more challenging. I can tell you that my current test device is now stable within +/- .3 degrees.

Comment

If possible, I would LOVE to have the calibration be in .1 degree increments.
                                I don't have control over the increment

the calibration is a whole number adjustment to the "decimal value" in the formulas above. based on the formula, the adjust would be approximately 0.72
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X