HS3 from VeraPlus Node/Device Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 from VeraPlus Node/Device Offline

Howdy all, I am very strongly considering moving to HS3 on a PC. So here's the one issue I can't seem to figure out. There Vera 3 would show when a device was offline for a bit (like if it lost power).

What I am trying to do is detect if this Aeon Labs Smart Switch goes offline, and then email me. I set it to Poll every 5 minutes, but the device never seems to go offline in the device display. (Do devices show offline on that page?)

I also have an event to check if it's in an invalid or error state, but never seems to run.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Did you figure out a solution to this? I am experimenting with "last change scripts and do not want to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks

Comment

Nope never did figure out a way to determine device status, so I moved on.

Comment

The only way to know if a Z-Wave switch is off line is to poll that switch. Be very careful with polling as it can quickly overload a Z-Wave network. Then you can setup an event "This device had it's value set to" = "an invalid or error state" and have the event notify you in any manor available.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the info.

In the meantime I wrote a quick script that I call twice a day that determines the time between now and the last time one of the devices changed. I un-checked the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" box for the one device item I am referencing (usually battery). That way every time sensor wakes up to report battery life, I know it is still alive. The script steps through an array of references and sets an internal device if anyone has not changed in the allotted time, which in turn sends me an e-mail. At this time the e-mail is generic and is just a waning that a sensor has not reported, not specifically which one.

I will try this for the next week of so and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by adamg View Post
            Thanks for the info.

In the meantime I wrote a quick script that I call twice a day that determines the time between now and the last time one of the devices changed. I un-checked the "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" box for the one device item I am referencing (usually battery). That way every time sensor wakes up to report battery life, I know it is still alive. The script steps through an array of references and sets an internal device if anyone has not changed in the allotted time, which in turn sends me an e-mail. At this time the e-mail is generic and is just a waning that a sensor has not reported, not specifically which one.

I will try this for the next week of so and see how it works.
            Wow that's a lot of work. Did the event action not work for you?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

Your suggestion to poll a device worked just fine. However as is was mentioned earlier, I shouldn't poll too many devices and congest the network. In my case, if a sensor has reported in the last 12 hours, I am happy. My HomeSeer application is installed at a cabin so there will be weeks or even months before some devices like switches will be activated.

The script was quite easy to write, there were a lot of examples on this forum by other experienced users. All it does is set an internal device to the number of nodes that have not updated in the allotted time. I then send an email with a normal event trigger if that number is greater than zero.

Attached is the .vb code is anyone wants it. Please note, I am a novice at VB and still learning a lot of things, so criticism is good in this case...
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X