Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I correct in understanding that only those devices and events that have "Voice Command" checked should show up in Alexa?

Using the new Homeseer SmartHome Skill, I only have a few devices marked as "Voice Command", but it looks like all of them are showing up in Alexa.

EDIT: After reading some other posts, I realized I had to explicitly delete the devices in the Alexa app that had been previously discovered. Now that they have their Voice Command checkbox cleared, it now only adds the correct devices when doing another Discover. Thanks.
    Last edited by mgluniewicz; February 5, 2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

"Is Light" property...

I can't find an enum for the "Is Light" property, does anyone know what its identifying value is and/or where to go to find its value?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
        I can't find an enum for the "Is Light" property, does anyone know what its identifying value is and/or where to go to find its value?

Thanks
        Gary
        Here it is...
        Last edited by mrhappy; March 31, 2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Here it is...
          Thanks much MrHappy, that answers the question. Where did you find that? I am at HS v404 and when I go into tenscripting, the Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration does not show IS_LIGHT. Should I be updating something else?

Thanks
          Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
            Thanks much MrHappy, that answers the question. Where did you find that? I am at HS v404 and when I go into tenscripting, the Scheduler.Classes.clsDeviceEnumeration does not show IS_LIGHT. Should I be updating something else?

Thanks
            Gary
            That's Visual Studio which I use to write plugins and you can browse the various HS DLL functions, I don't know about tenscripting and how it works (as it is a recent thing perhaps the DLL is out of date?) but it's not in clsDeviceEnumeration it is in HomeSeerAPI.Enums.dvMisc which might be why you can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              I don't know about tenscripting and how it works (as it is a recent thing perhaps the DLL is out of date?)
              Yep, thanks for jogging my memory. Tenscripting requires the HomeseerAPI.dll module to be in its project folder. Its been so long since I needed an update, I had forgot. But then, I always forget that.

Thanks again,
              Gary

Comment

Alexa reply "a few things share that name"

I could really use some help on this one. I can't find anything directly connected to this problem in the forum.

Everything was going fine with Alexa interfacing with the original Homeseer API for the last year, except for one device that insisted on using the phrase "Alexa, tell Homeseer to turn off the driveway light" even though I didn't have to invoke "Homeseer" to turn it on. Then the other day, all of the devices stopped responding to Alexa. I "forgot" all of the devices and re-enabled the API, and everything went back to normal except that Alexa then said "driveway light doesn't support that" when requested to turn it off.

So I disabled the Homeseer API and enabled the Homeseer SmartHome. But now the devices have long names displayed in the Alexa page, and in order to get the device to respond, I have to refer to it by Floor, Room and Name, as in "Alexa, turn on the Basement Driveway Driveway Light." Obviously, this is ridiculous. So I removed the Floor and Room designation of one device as an experiment, and when I ask to turn it on, Alexa responds with "A few things share that name. Which one did you want." Since nothing else is designated as "Family Room" under Floor, Room or Name, I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions on how to get things working again without having to use so many words in the command?

Comment

You can rename them under voice commands in the configuration section of the device in homeseer of you can rename them directly in Alexa under its property. Click on device in Alexa and then click edit to edit name

Comment

Successfully upgraded to .409 and the v3 api on alexa. All of my devices turn on and off successfully and got scenes working.

Routines however have stopped working. Very strange. I deleted and recreated and even created a simple routine to test and sure enough, it will NOT trigger an HS device via the routine.
                    Simple routine:
                    Alexa, Good Night:
                    Turn off Lamp
                    Turn on Fan to 50%
                    Say goodnight.

She says good night and lamp and fan do not change. If I voice activate "turn fan 50%" or turn off lamp, it works fine.. just not via the routine.

I've deleted all devices, disabled the skill and re-enabled it all and recreated and have the same experience.

Anyone have routines working with the v3 skill?

thanks,
                    mike

Comment

Thanks, Wkomorow. But the names are all correct in both Alexa and in Homeseer. For example, the name of my driveway light is "Driveway light" in both Alexa and Homeseer. However, the commands require invoking the form: Floor, Room, Name, as in "Basement, Driveway, Driveway light."

Any other suggestions?

Comment

As an experiment, create a group called driveway light and put in it only the driveway light. Then say alexa turn on driveway light. See if that works. It is not a solution but it may help in troubleshooting.

Comment

Originally posted by PSolver View Post
                          Any other suggestions?
                          Sounds like you have these covered, but this worked for me. One thing I learned from the fiasco I went through upgrading to the V3 app was the Amazon Alexa web app (alexa.amazon.com) seems to provide better support for skills than the iPad/iPhone IOS Alexa app, as discussed in this post/thread.

Smart Home, Device section of the Alexa web app.

Comment

update.. I signed out of the alexa app on my phone and signed back in and the routines setup was different and now it all works perfect!

m

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post
                            Successfully upgraded to .409 and the v3 api on alexa. All of my devices turn on and off successfully and got scenes working.

Routines however have stopped working. Very strange. I deleted and recreated and even created a simple routine to test and sure enough, it will NOT trigger an HS device via the routine.
                            Simple routine:
                            Alexa, Good Night:
                            Turn off Lamp
                            Turn on Fan to 50%
                            Say goodnight.

She says good night and lamp and fan do not change. If I voice activate "turn fan 50%" or turn off lamp, it works fine.. just not via the routine.

I've deleted all devices, disabled the skill and re-enabled it all and recreated and have the same experience.

Anyone have routines working with the v3 skill?

thanks,
                            mike

Comment

Hallelujah! Thanks, Kbevo. Specifying the voice command separately not only allowed me to go back to using the short commands, such as "turn on the living room lights", but my problem with Alexa telling me that driveway light "didn't know how to do that" when I asked to turn it off was solved.

It was an odd problem, but I'm not going to complain.

Thanks again.

Comment

Amazon / Alexa start beta test in French

Good evening,
                                I just accepted to be beta tester to test an Amazon Echo Dot in French.
                                I will receive it next week.

what should I do to test it with my HS3 system?

I already have google assistant who works perfectly on my smartphone.

Thank you for your help

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Working...
                                X