www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion

Irrigation Discussion Discussion of irrigation integration with HomeSeer systems.

Old November 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyjee View Post
I have no plans personally, but I can give you the source code and all you would really need to do is delete code and slightly modify to get it to work. The main confusing bit is the regex commands but I can do this bit for you if you need. Are you any good with VB.NET and/or the plugin structure?
i would love to take a look at this if you are still willing to share the code
53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions
Old December 16th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Seer

MattyJee,

OpenSprinkler now supports attachment of a flow sensor. Excerpt from the firmware 2.1.7 User Manual: "the controller will detect flow sensor pulses, display real-time flow rate at the footer, and log the flow volume at the end of each station run and program run".

Anyway to get the flow data into HS3 with your plugin?

kesterf
Old February 1st, 2017, 05:31 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I have no plans personally, but I can give you the source code and all you would really need to do is delete code and slightly modify to get it to work. The main confusing bit is the regex commands but I can do this bit for you if you need. Are you any good with VB.NET and/or the plugin structure?
I haven't seen you back since this discussion. Is it possible to get the most recent code to get running with opengarage?

Btw, the 2.1.6.0 version shows up in the Linux updater but failed for me when I tried to update from 2.1.5.3?
Old February 1st, 2017, 06:24 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post

Btw, the 2.1.6.0 version shows up in the Linux updater but failed for me when I tried to update from 2.1.5.3?
Same problem w. reload here...

Geary
Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Seer

Lots of red ????? Comms Fail

Hi,

Thanks for writing the plug in. Got the software installed on a HomeTroller SEL after using ssh to get into the unit and move the files where they belong.

The system status is correct and says all zones are off. The device for each individual zone however has a Big Red question mark and text that says "Comms Fail".

Is there something that I failed to do in moving the files? I don't remember if I deleted the files from their original location. Is that required?

ocxoman

Last edited by ocxoman; February 8th, 2017 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot to say which system
Old February 10th, 2017, 04:20 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearyt View Post
Same problem w. reload here...

Geary
Btw, was running into some case sensitivity issues with another process and decided to see if that was holding up the installer. . .I modified the install.txt (in /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/OpenSprinkler2.1.6.0) (had to modify "images" folder to be lowercase to match my Linux install, and "Config" to be with a capital C).

Here is what it looks like now.
Code:
,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.96
OS_Device.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_disabled.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_error.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_NoIP.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_Off.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_ok.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_Rain.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_Root.png,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
OS_Zoneon.jpg,.\html\images\OpenSprinkler,0
HSPI_OpenSprinkler.ini,.\Config,16
HSPI_OpenSprinkler.exe,.,0
And then I had to rename one of the images:

OS_Error.png needed to be renamed to OS_error.png (which matches what is the above install.txt)

I then again selected to download and install the 2.1.6 plugin from the updater (and since it was already downloaded, it used my modified files to perform the upgrade successfully).
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Seer Deluxe

does this plugin also support the Open Sprinkler Bee 2.0? I was just checking out the options available I only need 3 zones and it has wifi which would be perfect for my situation. If it's not supported however then I'll go with the original.
Old February 18th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

to answer my own question... no it doesn't.

Thankfully its response is fairly straight forward so I was able to write up my own script to parse it to retrieve the various status fields as well as control.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 07:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sorry all, I haven't been on the forum for a while. Having kids has really eaten into my hobby time...

Anyway, I've been asked by many to share the source code so here it is...
Making this into OpenGarage should be simple, just delete most of the code and edit the reminder. Happy to answer any questions, and please send me back any enhancements on my original.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63bd4qdy5m...1.6.x.zip?dl=0
Old February 22nd, 2017, 07:40 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Sorry all, I haven't been on the forum for a while. Having kids has really eaten into my hobby time...

Anyway, I've been asked by many to share the source code so here it is...
Making this into OpenGarage should be simple, just delete most of the code and edit the reminder. Happy to answer any questions, and please send me back any enhancements on my original.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63bd4qdy5m...1.6.x.zip?dl=0
They do that huh! On the other hand, not having a job has freed up some time

Thankyou for all the hard work and the share.

Anyone care to pop this into a git?
Old March 11th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Seer

disabled zones showing Comms fail

Hi,

Thanks again for writing this plugin. I have version 1.2 Hardware with version 1.5 firmware and using a Hometroller SEL. I have it basically working but am not using zones 7 and 8 and have them disabled. However both zones in the plug in show comms fail. I have tried with them enabled also and have set the number of zones to 6 in the configuration.

ocxoman

I found that if I set the number of zones to 8 in the open sprinkler config then the zones are read as disabled and the "comms fail" message does not appear. Thanks again for such a useful plugin.

Last edited by ocxoman; March 11th, 2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: found the solution
Old March 13th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Seer Deluxe

Set zones in the plugin to 6 and then manually delete the two unused zones. They will never be recreated as long as you have the number of zones set to 6.

Cheers.
Old March 18th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Super Seer

I moved over to linux, had it installed and working.. blew up my setup and have been unable to get plug-in reinstalled.. tried to erase files and start over.. nope..

download fails with missing files .. any sugestions ??
Old March 30th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Seer

2nd OpenSprinkler

I have 2 units. Is there a way to support 2?
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

There is no easy way to support two units, however it would be possible. It would require a fair re-write of the plugin. I don't have the time or reason to do this for you unfortunately.

Half a shortcut would be to modify a copy and have two versions running in parallel. Grab the source code (pasted earlier in the forum), rename the program to something unique like Opensprinkler2, and do a find-replace within the code for "OS-" to "O2-", find the reference for the .ini file and change it to another unique filename and then compile the .exe.

Sorry I can't be more help here.
Old April 15th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearyt View Post
I moved over to linux, had it installed and working.. blew up my setup and have been unable to get plug-in reinstalled.. tried to erase files and start over.. nope..

download fails with missing files .. any sugestions ??
Sorry, the linux install has an issue with case sensitivity I haven't fixed yet. Best bet is to do a manual install.

Once downloaded from the site, go into the Updates3 folder and find the files. Copy the image files to the html/images/OpenSprinkler folder, copy the .ini file to config folder, and copy the .exe. to Homeseer main folder. This usually works.
Old April 16th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Super Seer

Thanks.. once again we b up !
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:01 PM
OverSeer

I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks
Old April 28th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks
We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael
Old April 29th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvtravlr View Post
We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael

Same for me.