www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Plug-ins > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Discussion

Old April 12th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Seer Plus

It seems there a bug in Homeseer with my Prolific USB to Serial Adapter. What brand are other people using?

Hmm, tried an FTDI adapter too recently. Thinking this is a bug with either HS3 or Windows 10.
Funny thing Windows via the MODE command thinks the port is closed and G-Ware works...

Last edited by dtsouers; April 15th, 2017 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Tried another USB adapter...
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:23 AM
OverSeer

I have had good luck with Digi and VSCom USB to Serial adapters.

Have a read here:

5 Steps for Selecting the Right USB to Serial adapter

Homeseer User
HS3 lite running on Xi3 Xi5A - Athlon x64 clocked at 1.8 ghz, 2Gb RAM and 32Gb SSD
HS3 Pro running on
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4 cores / 16Gb of RAM
Testing HS3 Lite on Pine64A/2Gb-
ARM Cortex A53 CPU, running at 1.2GHz 64 bit.quad-core - Ubuntu 1604 64 bit
HS3 Version 3.0.0.291 (Linux)
HS3 Touch server Version 3.0.0.94 (Linux)

Old April 14th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshaiRey View Post

I am experimenting with a cheap WiFi IP webcam and ContaCam plus my own very simple script to detect movement in certain zones in a large room and it work great. The detection angle is far wider then a PIR sensor and the range is better too. The processor load due this on my cheap Atom CPU at 1,49 GHz in my HS2 machine is 8%
I saw this old post in this thread and am interested in doing something like this.

I want to use some of my outdoor cameras to detect motion but I am concerned about the response time. How fast is the reaction time using ContaCam and HS3 to react to the motion detection? I currently use PIR motion detectors around my house to detect deer and trigger a couple of sprinkler zones to scare them away. The problem is I get a lot of false positives from the motion detectors which is one reason I am looking at using a camera. I also have an old wired driveway detector which is giving me a lot of false positives which I hope to replace with an ip camera.

I need a motion detection response of a second or so. Is that possible with the ContaCam/HS3 approach?
Old April 15th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Finally had some time start playing with this again. Is there a way to control the volume of an output? Do I need to make an event to call the script or is there another way? (Ideally I'd like to have a slider in HS Touch to control each output)

Thanks!
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopara View Post
I saw this old post in this thread and am interested in doing something like this.

I want to use some of my outdoor cameras to detect motion but I am concerned about the response time. How fast is the reaction time using ContaCam and HS3 to react to the motion detection? I currently use PIR motion detectors around my house to detect deer and trigger a couple of sprinkler zones to scare them away. The problem is I get a lot of false positives from the motion detectors which is one reason I am looking at using a camera. I also have an old wired driveway detector which is giving me a lot of false positives which I hope to replace with an ip camera.

I need a motion detection response of a second or so. Is that possible with the ContaCam/HS3 approach?
I am sorry but i don't have HS3 so i can't give you any real numbers on response time. With HS2 i got a response under or at about a second. I mainly depends on the server. Was it running idle at the time the trigger happened then for instance the HD has to spin up again (in my case that is). That would take some time.

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey__________________________________________________________ __________________
HSPro 2.5.0
PIugins: PowerTrigger | NetCam | HSTouch | WeatherXML | ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | RFXCOM, | Is Speaking | BLBackup
Old April 20th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckellyusa View Post
Finally had some time start playing with this again. Is there a way to control the volume of an output? Do I need to make an event to call the script or is there another way? (Ideally I'd like to have a slider in HS Touch to control each output)

Thanks!
For volume control you can control the output, the input, the sound processor or the mixer cross point. This can be done with the script and a event.

If you control the input, output or the mixer cross point you can control that single audio channel. For overal control you can change the level at the mixer processor or by controlling WinAmp/Window media player/iTunes or what ever sound source you use.

When using a tablet with HS touch then connect the output of the slider device as input to an event that send the correct value to the XAP. I am not familair with how HS3 does this so i can help you with that.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Seer Deluxe

What would the script look like to control a single audio channel (an output channel)?
Old April 21st, 2017, 07:20 PM
Seer Plus

Anyone get this script working on HS3 and Windows 10?
Old April 22nd, 2017, 01:20 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckellyusa View Post
What would the script look like to control a single audio channel (an output channel)?
At the top of the script i've documented the available commands that are included

' SetGain ("SetGain","0|8|O|16|A")
' - Parameter(s) <unit_code> <channel> <group> <value> <A or R>

so use domething like this in your event
AZ_ZMC3.vb("SetGain","0|8|O|16|A")

- Output 8, volume level 16 and the value is an absolute value