www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old April 18th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Seer Master

Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' available for any device?

Mark,

On 3.0.6.13, I'm able to specify the Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' for any device (SwitchLinc, LampLinc, KPL, etc.). I was expecting this trigger to be available for RF only devices, like the MS II.

As designed or wrong array coded?
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
Mark,

On 3.0.6.13, I'm able to specify the Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' for any device (SwitchLinc, LampLinc, KPL, etc.). I was expecting this trigger to be available for RF only devices, like the MS II.

As designed or wrong array coded?
yah, I might limit the device selection to MSII devices for now, and add other RF devices as appropriate.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.280
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.10 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Seer Master

Is there any way to create a "Has not transmitted a heartbeat for" option?

Just looking for an easier way to create an event if a device misses it's check in.

Thanks!
Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Insteon Overlord

use a regular hs trigger and build logic device has been off for more than 24 hours or something related to your heartbeat frequency
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Seer Master

That was what I was originally thinking of doing but looking in the logs I never saw the heartbeat event for any of my motion II's so I wasn't sure if it would work.
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
That was what I was originally thinking of doing but looking in the logs I never saw the heartbeat event for any of my motion II's so I wasn't sure if it would work.
as long as you are seeing the last changed date updating, the trigger will work. I think I added heartbeat logging for the next beta
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Seer Master

Cool thanks.
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:44 AM
Seer Plus

Mark,

with the received heartbeat trigger - can I use this for my Water Leak detector?

currently I have a number of timers that count down and if the heartbeat is not received each 24 hours then I get a warning email.

using the Received Heartbeat would simplify this event.
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:54 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mate View Post
Mark,

with the received heartbeat trigger - can I use this for my Water Leak detector?

currently I have a number of timers that count down and if the heartbeat is not received each 24 hours then I get a warning email.

using the Received Heartbeat would simplify this event.
you can use the same logic with the water leak detector.
Old May 13th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

Leak Sensor not showing heartbeat, but does update

Using Insteon 3.0.6.0: I recently installed a leak sensor (Insteon 2852-222) and see two devices in my device list: The sensor and heartbeat. The heartbeat has never shown other than a flat-line or 0 value, yet the Last Change on the heartbeat shows an update at about the same time each day.

The status graphic includes a heartbeat blip if the device value goes to 100. Is this ever supposed to display? Even for just a moment?

I ask because I wrote an event to trigger if heartbeat >0, but it never fires. I'm checking the last change to see if it's more than 25 hours ago each day, but I'm wondering why the heartbeat device exists and has a 100/blip status if it never leaves 0 / flatline status.
HS3 since 4/2015, Windows 10 x64, BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, BLUPS, BLVolume, CADDX, EasyTrigger, Insteon (Sanders), PLLocation, Random, RCS Serial, UltraCID3, WeatherXML, Amazon Echo Skill, Blue Iris

Last edited by dzee; May 13th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old May 13th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Insteon Overlord

the leak sensor heartbeat goes On and them immediately Off when it receives the msg. if you were watching the status page you would see see the graphic change.

use the standard hs trigger, device has been off for more than 25 hours to trigger an event when a heartbeat hasn't been received.