www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old April 20th, 2017, 12:36 AM
Seer Deluxe

Unhappy Replace Device: Cannot find new device

I am attempting to replace a device with another of the same type. On the insteon_config page, I am clicking Replace This Device, and then entering the address triplet for the new device. It tells me it cannot reach the new device, and aborts. I've tried plugging the device (a lamp module, #2457D2, Rev. 1.33) into various outlets around the house, with no change. Comm tests 100%. My plug-in version is 3.0.6.0.

Any suggestions?
Old April 20th, 2017, 06:27 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
I am attempting to replace a device with another of the same type. On the insteon_config page, I am clicking Replace This Device, and then entering the address triplet for the new device. It tells me it cannot reach the new device, and aborts. I've tried plugging the device (a lamp module, #2457D2, Rev. 1.33) into various outlets around the house, with no change. Comm tests 100%. My plug-in version is 3.0.6.0.

Any suggestions?
please enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, retry the replace routine, and post the log snippet of the transaction. I need to see where its failing

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.10 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old April 21st, 2017, 03:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
please enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, retry the replace routine, and post the log snippet of the transaction. I need to see where its failing
I eventually solved this, and you won't believe how. I plugged the damn thing into an ACCESS POINT. ("Here, try ignoring THIS, m-fer!") But it still begs the question, why wouldn't it work anywhere else...so I may just do as you say and take a log snippet for you.