www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old April 20th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Seer

Unhappy Insteon devices lost after HS upgrade, events broken

After upgrading from HS 3.0.0.298 to 3.0.0318 all Insteon devices were gone. I followed the instructions in another post and restored the entire contents of the insteon.ini file from the bottom of the insteon error report log file in the pre-upgrade backup and this restored all of the devices. The problem is that none of the events that involve an Insteon device work and the events page shows (select a device) everywhere there was a device. I have a lot of complex events so going through each one would be a royal pain in the you know what...

Is there a way to restore these easily? The backup I have is from when I was on the old version, so if I restore homeseer to that previous version backup, would there be some sort of a config mismatch? If not, could you please direct me to instructions on how to restore these events from backup while messing up a little other stuff as possible?

Thanks,
Mark
Old April 20th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Insteon Overlord

i'll have to speak with HST on this issue.

You need to restore an insteon.ini and homeseer database together.

I think you can restore an older homeseer db and the newer app will upgrade it as necessary

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.280
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.5.76 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | Surveillance Station (kriz83) | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Seer

Thanks.. Do I need to post this to a different part of the forum, or will you follow up?
Old April 20th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Insteon Overlord

you might ask elsewhere about restoring an older db to .318, but otherwise I can help you get your insteon devices back
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Seer

The devices are back. The issue now is that the events that involve the insteon devices no longer reference them. How is this rectified without rebuilding all of them?
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSeer View Post
The devices are back. The issue now is that the events that involve the insteon devices no longer reference them. How is this rectified without rebuilding all of them?
you must restore a good insteon.ini and homeseer database from the same backup timeframe
Old May 5th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Seer

I'm seeing the same problem. I restore from a previous backup, but once I update the Interface port for insteon, and restart, all of my devices disappear.

Insteon plugin version 3.0.6.0
HS3 v3.0.0.318
Old May 5th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstechnic View Post
I'm seeing the same problem. I restore from a previous backup, but once I update the Interface port for insteon, and restart, all of my devices disappear.

Insteon plugin version 3.0.6.0
HS3 v3.0.0.318
please restore an Insteon.ini and corresponding HS database

This problem is with HS. It's shuting down and not closing the ini properly