www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches Forum for HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

Old April 20th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Viewer

using WD100 dimmer with non-dim-able light fixture

Hi,

I bought a bunch of WD100 dimmers but it turned out a lot of the LED light fixtures we received runs on a non-dimable LED ballast. It looks to me like a switchable power supply.

Is it safe to use dimmer in this case? I'm specifically concerned about slow transitions from on to off states, when switchable PSU would try to compensate drop in voltage (if it's voltage-driven dim) by drawing more amps and burning out WD100.

Satellite question - is it possible to configure dimmers via zware to disable those transitions completely, so it's instant on/off - manual or remote control. I was not able to find tech docs for WD100's zwave commands.

p.s. I'm using Home Assistant.

Thank you.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Seer

Yes, you can specify different ramp rates (including effectively instant) for both local and remote control.

This page has a summary of configuration parameters: http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/...icesummary/346
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:25 PM
Viewer

thank you. I was able to set this up to (visually) instant on/off