Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Frame2 - WAF above 0 needed - can somebody help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annnnddd...... fixed.

InVideo=false

ActionsWhenReleased: As per:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=85

Then on event after running script wait 3 seconds and then simulate a release on the object.

Done like dinner.

Comment

Paul,

Just saw your posts. Glad you got it working!
      I had a newer version of the script for HS3, which is including the possibility to filter on albums (=sub directories).
      It is very much the same, only using the corrected calls for devices etc.

You can find it here

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Glad you got it working!
        I had a newer version of the script for HS3, which is including the possibility to filter on albums (=sub directories).
        It is very much the same, only using the corrected calls for devices etc.

You can find it here
        Many thanks, I'll check it out. After making my various changes the original has been running smoothly....

Paul

Comment

Wow !! what a wonderful plugin. Thank You so much.

I have had this plugin running since Friday night, It works great, sometimes I get the following Warning in the log and I'm looking for some guidance to fix it if its a real problem.

<TABLE class=log_table_row cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=left>Apr-25 9:15:00 AM </TD><TD class=LogPri1 align=left></TD><TD class=LogType1 colSpan=3 align=left>PictureRandom Warning </TD><TD class=LogEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>trying to get unused picture....(14 pictures in list) Try nr. 20

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have over 150 pictures in the foto folder, Initially I thought it may be related to original photo size but large size photos are displaying fine. Everything on the surface looks and works well.

Now for a future request.

Would it be possible or maybe it can be done now? Setup the plugin for 2 folders one for day and the other for night, I was thinking of putting darker scene photos in the night folder to reduce the light output from the iPad's.
          Obviously different event timers would be used for different folders.

Perhaps users can also use similar features to separate photos into their own groups, family, holidays, work etc.

Comment

It is not really an issue... it is a warning that the script keeps selecting a picture that has already been shown. If it does, it will again get a random picture, hoping it is a picture that has not been shown yet.

Every 10th retry it is logged to the log of HS. Not an error, and if you'd like you can remove this log by changing the script (remove the line with "hs.writelog" in it)

For the feature request, you could do it with a script that you trigger at the right time. With this script you change the input directory that has been set in the ini file (changing the entry "PictureDirectory=C:\Foto").

Once changed the script will use the new directory the next time it is ran.

Also, when you use the updated version for hs3 here, where you can enable a selection device to select 'albums' (or daytime folder and night time folder based on the same root directory) and trigger on that instead of changing the ini file.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hi Wim

Thanks for that, Its easier than I thought

Create another version of the script with FotoNight as the folder.

Perfect. A job for tomorrow.

Comment

Wim, from the picture you posted, it looks great, does anyone know if it will work with HSTouch on a Droid tablet?

Comment

Aldo,

I hope someone with an android device knows the answer, I don't have an android device, so cannot test it for you from here.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

So, I've had the script working flawlessly for some time now. Recently I've started encountering an issue where I would find that the HS3 client on my remote screens stop responding to scripts that change the screen. I've noticed that when this happens, two symptoms are exhibited:

1. My pictures (which currently are configured to rotate every 2 min) are rotating very quickly, like once every few seconds.
                    and
                    2. I see the following in the log:

Code:
                     May-11 7:42:34 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHome1.vb   
                     May-11 7:42:34 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Misc. PictureShow"   
                     May-11 7:42:34 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:33 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:32 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:31 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:30 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:29 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHome2.vb   
                     May-11 7:42:29 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:28 PM         PictureRandom Warning    trying to get unused picture....(844 pictures in list) Try nr. 10   
                     May-11 7:42:28 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:27 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:25 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHome1.vb   
                     May-11 7:42:25 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Misc. PictureShow"   
                     May-11 7:42:25 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:24 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:23 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:22 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:21 PM         Warning    Max number of queued events exceeded, event Misc. PictureShow not processed   
                     May-11 7:42:20 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHome2
                    It kinda looks like my events are backlogging and queuing up, but i'm not sure what might be causing it (ie. is it the script; causing it, or something else). Any thoughts?

Paul

Comment

What version of HS are you running? That issue has been fixed in the latest versions above .274

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        What version of HS are you running? That issue has been fixed in the latest versions above .274
                        Indeed - I'm on 3.0.0.258. I'll update and see how it does.

Comment

Well, so far so good, hopefully the issue won't reoccur.....

Comment

Doing some digging here - awhile ago I got an ipad mini to use for an in-wall screen. I've been using this script for years now with a couple of windows 8 screens that have worked great! After setting it up to work as a screensaver on my ipad I discovered that the ipad version of hstouch seems to be maintaining some sort of persistent cache. The very first time the script is run it grabs and displays an image. After that, the image never, ever, changes on the ipad. testing the project on a windows box yields success, but with zero changes on the ipad it never changes after the first image. Checking the image file on HS3 I can see the the image is getting correctly updated. hs3touch simply isn't getting the updated image, even when the update on release method is being used (I believe) correctly.

I worked around the issue for the moment by creating an html wrapper page for the image and displaying that page on the ipad instead of the image directly - the html page has meta tags in it to force no caching. That is working. However it has the side effect that when you touch the screen, if you don't touch it perfectly the screen tries to scroll (being a webpage), which is annoying. So, I'm going to do some more digging to try to determine if there's a way to make this work as originally intended.

While doing that, I thought I'd check in to see if anyone in the meantime has encountered, and solved, this issue....

regards,

Paul

Comment

So trying to deal with the above apparent image caching issue, I thought I might try doctoring the code to make the target filename unique (ie. add a timestamp to the filename) and then dynamically update the hstouch element to load the updated image. HOWEVER, I've really never worked in vbscript before (I'm a beginner at best in perl and python).

With some digging, I've been experimenting with DatePart, Hour, Minute, etc. Only I'm finding that the timestamp seems to be persisting between runs of the script. ie:

Code:
                              Dim strDateTime = Now()
                              hs.WriteLog("PictureRandom", "strDateTime is " & strDateTime)
                              With the script running every 30 seconds, the resulting output in the log is:

Code:
                              Oct-10 10:42:40 PM         PictureRandom    strDateTime is 10/10/2018 10:41:40 PM
                              Oct-10 10:42:40 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHallway1.vb
                              Oct-10 10:42:40 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hallway Rotate Hallway Screensaver"
                              Oct-10 10:42:10 PM         PictureRandom    strDateTime is 10/10/2018 10:41:40 PM
                              Oct-10 10:42:10 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHallway1.vb
                              Oct-10 10:42:10 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hallway Rotate Hallway Screensaver"
                              Oct-10 10:41:40 PM         PictureRandom    strDateTime is 10/10/2018 10:41:40 PM
                              Oct-10 10:41:40 PM         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/JOWI_PictureRandomHallway1.vb
                              Oct-10 10:41:40 PM         Event    Event Trigger "Hallway Rotate Hallway Screensaver"
                              Notice that the first run shows the correct timestamp. However the two subsequent runs show the same timestamp. I'm at a lost as to how to resolve this. Once I resolve this I can reformat the stamp to something useful for the filename. Any suggestions?

regards,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                                My lack of scripting knowledge notwithstanding, I was wondering if maybe your process for storing the random photo list for so as to not repeat photos might somehow relate back to why date/timestamps are persisting from run to run?

Comment

Working...
                                X