Errors now appearing using Netcam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors now appearing using Netcam

For years (HS2) and since upgrading to HS3, I've used this plugin. Lately, I'm seeing these errors in the log. I have a motion sensor which triggers an event that takes a number of pictures now 2 seconds apart.

Jun-21 7:38:14 AM Warning Plugin NetCAM is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Jun-21 7:38:07 AM Error Event Camera and Motion Take garage pics when motion detected plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I don't kow why it's happening now as it seemed to work fine shortly after my upgrade to HS3 in March. The only thing of course, is that I have added additional plugins since - though, I have no resource bottle neck that I'm aware of. It seems to work for a while after a restart of the plugin...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert
    Last edited by langenet; June 21, 2016, 07:19 AM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    For years (HS2) and since upgrading to HS3, I've used this plugin. Lately, I'm seeing these errors in the log. I have a motion sensor which triggers an event that takes a number of pictures now 2 seconds apart.

Jun-21 7:38:14 AM Warning Plugin NetCAM is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

Jun-21 7:38:07 AM Error Event Camera and Motion Take garage pics when motion detected plugin action failed:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I don't kow why it's happening now as it seemed to work fine shortly after my upgrade to HS3 in March. The only thing of course, is that I have added additional plugins since - though, I have no resource bottle neck that I'm aware of. It seems to work for a while after a restart of the plugin...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert
    I had a similar problem recently but I had been messing with my NetCam config. To resolve the problem, I had to delete the HS3 devices representing the cameras, recreate them through the NetCam config (Create HS Device), and then reselect the cameras in the specific events.

Comment

Thanks for that. I was already familiar with the plugin since I used it for years in HS2. So I basically copied the config information and created the devices without issue first hand. The camera works fine for a while in the event after I restart the plugin. This could be a day or so. I can even just take pictures. But during the event is when the error occurs.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
      X