X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Music support

Hi Spud,
    Great plugin!
    Any plans to support Apple Music with searching?
    Thank you in advance!
    Amit

Hi again,

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I'm testing Homeseer and HSTouch to determine if it will help me with my home audio dilemma.

I am currently using iPeng to control my Logitech Media Server (LMS). Searching on Spotify also works in iPeng but the search engine is not very good. It uses a plugin called Triode to enable Spotify within iPeng, but it is really not very powerful as compared to the Spotify app.

I currently have a bunch of Raspberry Pi's (RPi's) running Squeezelite and connected to my LMS. I would like to find a way to use HSTouch instead of iPeng to control my home audio, whether it's through my LMS or iTunes (using AirPlay), and have the ability to use online music services. Either Spotify or Apple Music.

I tested both the squeezebox plugin and the iTunes DAAP plugin in Homeseer, and they both appear to provide all the functionality I'm looking for EXCEPT the ability to search Spotify or Apple Music within HSTouch.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar setup? Or perhaps suggest a different approach? I would prefer to use my current RPi's instead of buying new hardware. If Apple Music was accessible in the iTunes DAAP plugin, this would be the ideal solution (hence my initial post in this thread). But since no one answered, I suspect there is no support for Apple Music currently, nor is it planned for this plugin.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Last edited by nuttynet; July 2, 2016, 12:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

I had tested this very lightly (trial) and then neglected my HS3 setup for a while. I was about to buy it today but then I remembered my two questions:

1. Does it support Apple Music - as in, today I can "search" an artist/song/etc., and immediately get a song playing from Apple's music library, and then I can also start a "station" with more of the same (like Pandora).

2. What's the highest version of iTunes it supports?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dhayner View Post
        I had tested this very lightly (trial) and then neglected my HS3 setup for a while. I was about to buy it today but then I remembered my two questions:

1. Does it support Apple Music - as in, today I can "search" an artist/song/etc., and immediately get a song playing from Apple's music library, and then I can also start a "station" with more of the same (like Pandora).

2. What's the highest version of iTunes it supports?

Thanks!
        1. The current version does not support Apple Music, and I have yet to investigate if this feature is even possible to add.

2. I have iTunes 12.4.3 installed here (I think it's the latest) and the plugin works fine with it.

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

I remember on another thread the "stations" support worked with an older version of iTunes. Does that still work via HS on any of the 12.x iTunes?

Comment

I lost support of the other stations in the plugin when apple decided to start pushing only their current setup in the later versions of iTunes. It was working for me in the v11 realm but I haven't used iTunes in a while to confirm if it's still working.

Comment

Working...
            X