X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDh0MsP1tIg&sns=em

Comment

I think I explained the sliding button proccess below. But I will start a new thread and try to give more detail and screen captures. I will pull a sample xml file that includes the files needed for an animation sequence.

For the Network status, I am using the PHnetwork scpript by Paul Huddlestone. Just pings the different items. Computers, Routers, Cameras, NAS, Tv, DVR, Bluray, Xbox, Iphones, etc.

My touch screens are used 15" Elo monitors I got off Ebay a few years ago. They are both connected to computers. The one on the wall was placed into the wall with a molding around it. The computer is in a closet. For the 2nd monitor, I wripped apart a picutre frame, and mounted it to the monitor. It runs a photo slideshow when not in use.

-Dave

Comment

raptorsss
        Thanks for sharing your video -- very impressive and well thought through. Clearly you're exploiting the HomeSeer technology to a new level. Demonstrates how scalable HomeSeer w/HSTouch can be. I like your idea of starting a new threading covering coding techniques.
        Congrats and thanks from us newbies!
        dbarnes
        Omaha, NE

Comment

iPhone Screens

Hi Everyone, here are some iPhone screens I was working on last year, but never got to finish. I'm hoping to get around to it in the next month or so. Thought I'd go ahead and share them since I don't see a lot of people working on the smaller iPhone screen, but rather the bigger iPad screen.

Since space is at a premium, I really wanted to think about the functions and activities I wanted to accomplish, rather than comprehensive control (although that is still doable). I'm pretty lazy, and don't want to walk to a wall screen, my laptop, or find an iPad when I want certain functions completed. I want them accessible from my iPhone since that is always with me.

I figure I'll want to control the thermostat, see who is at the door, unlock/lock the door, click my "goodnight" button to turn off all the lights and lock the door / click on "arrive home" to unlock the door, turn on certain lights and perhaps some music, set the thermostat, etc.

I spent most of my time just designing the screen and thinking about the process. Works pretty well in the designer, but still haven't had a chance to get it over to the iPhone yet. And I haven't really had a chance to properly test the door lock since that wasn't quite working for a while, but the concept is to push the key at the upper left to toggle it locked/unlocked. Same with the thermostat. My unit wasn't quite working, and I haven't installed the replacement yet. So the concept of the temperature and buttons in that area is great, not sure if it will work yet.

Feedback appreciated, help appreciated in getting this completed. The basic concept here is that the background changes, and I use transparent buttons over it. I actually use a transparent button with a gradient on it, so that when it is clicked there is a subtle color change. It doesn't look awesome though, so I not sure I'll keep that.

These screens were all created by hand in photoshop (except the arrows...found those somewhere). The buttons are all layers in photoshop, so changing the background has some interesting effects and allows some customization of the appearance pretty easily.

Bhavesh
          Attached Files

Comment

more iphone screens

more screens...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss View Post
              I think I explained the sliding button proccess below. But I will start a new thread and try to give more detail and screen captures. I will pull a sample xml file that includes the files needed for an animation sequence.

For the Network status, I am using the PHnetwork scpript by Paul Huddlestone. Just pings the different items. Computers, Routers, Cameras, NAS, Tv, DVR, Bluray, Xbox, Iphones, etc.

My touch screens are used 15" Elo monitors I got off Ebay a few years ago. They are both connected to computers. The one on the wall was placed into the wall with a molding around it. The computer is in a closet. For the 2nd monitor, I wripped apart a picutre frame, and mounted it to the monitor. It runs a photo slideshow when not in use.

-Dave
              First, brilliant idea!

When you "click" to bring the buttons back, do you basically have an invisible button over all of the buttons, so if you touch anywhere near them they are rolled back to the screen? Then, eventually go away, or roll back into hiding if you click one?

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                First, brilliant idea!

When you "click" to bring the buttons back, do you basically have an invisible button over all of the buttons, so if you touch anywhere near them they are rolled back to the screen? Then, eventually go away, or roll back into hiding if you click one?

--Dan
                Well, Thank You

In my screens, the entire thing is a background image. And all buttons are invisilbe sitting on top of the background image. Rather than sliding all 16 buttons, I just replace the background image 7 times. In each case, the "button" on the background has been slid over. Then when the animation gets to the final screen, I place an invisble buttons back over the background.

The version I uploaded in my other post was a test version that actually slides a real button. Since it seems that is how most people design their screens.

At the very bottom of my screens, I have a "home button" that brings you back to the main page. All the side buttons will still take you to that particular area. They take you to the same place as the buttons on the main page. But they only show an icon of the feature rather than the Text and icon of the Home screen.

I will also upload my actual XML for those that may want to play with it.

-Dave

Comment

Been enjoying looking at a lot of your screens guys.

Here are a few of my latest. I have a bunch of the Monitor screens finished as well but no screenshots at the moment.

Touch lights in the picture to toggle each one on/off (wall, sconce, rope, isle, screen etc):

Component Control:

Then one with events and devices dropped in:

Last edited by Tom Kern; April 16, 2011, 11:22 PM.
                  -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                  Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Here is my LCARS, a big thanks to Fungun/Tim for providing some backgrounds and getting me started. As you can see I am only about 75% done but you get the idea.

Comment

How come only LCARS? What about some DRADIS action from BSG? This is SUPER rough. I only have some lighting controls in there for virtual devices (I'm on deployment to Afghanistan, so I can only play with virtual devices on my computer for now). I'll add HVAC to this page as well on the bottom right corner. I already added the Floor Title to the bottom left under DRADIS in a BSG font. But the contacts are laid out according to the floor plan. Green is on, red is off.

For the main page I'll add/change links and I'm working on theme matching a 5 day forecast for the top right now. But I just wanted to get an opinion before I get too set going one direction.

Comment

My second iPad remote design...

It is near completion...

If you would like to see more screen shots along with descriptions you can visit the page where I am hosting the images. However there is one issue... the place that is hosting them has a random image to the right and sometimes these images are not work safe. With that said, you can visit the full gallery of images here - http://hektik.org/gallery3/Photograp...e-2-0/IMG_0034
                        Last edited by Kenny Hektik; May 10, 2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy
                          Personally, it would be nice to work on a community project. With this I mean architecture, backend and front end. I mean, how many times can you slice home automation? All of us do basically the same stuff:

Lighting, security, HVAC, music, home theater, and various other control stuff.

It could be designed modular and version control.

If interested, let's get a different thread going. I mean, not in this forum. Plus, I think that we would need to have HST host it.
                          Hey Krumpy,

I am not sure if your suggestion ever went anywhere, but I would love to work on a project like that as well.

Let me know if this is a pipe dream or you think it can happen.

I am sure that I am not as talented as you and some of the other HS Guys out there, but I am willing to try. Worse come to worse you can always "vote me off the Island" if I am pulling the team back

Comment

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
                            Hey Krumpy,

I am not sure if your suggestion ever went anywhere, but I would love to work on a project like that as well.

Let me know if this is a pipe dream or you think it can happen.

I am sure that I am not as talented as you and some of the other HS Guys out there, but I am willing to try. Worse come to worse you can always "vote me off the Island" if I am pulling the team back
                            Count me in too. Don't have loads of time free right now but it would be great to have a library of prebuilt styles we could easily share.

Raptor
                            HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                            https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

I think open-sourcing this development effort would be a great idea. The only thing I would ask is that each project be developed with specific resolutions - so it would be portable across tablets and phones.

I'm not a graphical guy, but could definitely hold my own with back-end scripting.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                I think open-sourcing this development effort would be a great idea. The only thing I would ask is that each project be developed with specific resolutions - so it would be portable across tablets and phones.

I'm not a graphical guy, but could definitely hold my own with back-end scripting.
                                Good call,

Is there a good resource for the most commonly used resolutions?

I know i am using:
                                240x320 (various PocketPc's)
                                320x480 (iphone)
                                800x600 (webdt366)
                                1024x768 (ELO 15inch touchscreen)

Raptor
                                Last edited by Raptor; May 26, 2011, 09:24 AM. Reason: updated info
                                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                                X