Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon,
    Events aren't firing in HS3 for me either. I've updated to 0.0.44 and replaced the dlls. I still have other issues with HS3 so I've been reluctant to post.

Barry

Comment

I have tried it here and it is working on .44 (but it has totally screwed virtual devices)

The script I used was:

PHP Code:
      Public Sub Main(ByRef param As Object)
      Dim commandString As String "Event " param.ToString
      hs
      .WriteLog("Jon00GWEvent""setting variable jon00gw to '" commandString "'")
      hs.SaveVar("Jon00GW"commandString)
      End Sub 
      Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, replaced my script with your edited version. I still can't trigger the HS3 event.

I am on .44. Upgraded the DLLs for the HS3 GW. Same result.

Is there logging available that could point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Comment

Tried both. Latest version of HS3 has me putting out other fires, will get back to you.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Don,

Are you using an Address AND Code to make 514-Y1 ?

If so, that may be the issue. I get the Reference ID from the Address only.
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post
            Hi Jon, replaced my script with your edited version. I still can't trigger the HS3 event.

I am on .44. Upgraded the DLLs for the HS3 GW. Same result.

Is there logging available that could point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
            There is no logging (It was never my intention to publish this when I wrote it).

Just to confirm both clients are shown as connected to their respective Homeseer versions?

Can you see if you can mirror a HS2 device in HS3. If that also fails then you have a comms issue between the 2 clients.
            Jon

Comment

Mirroring HS2 to HS3 is working for me. I have two devices. The one with a simple string is working correctly, but the image in the second is broken. I'll change some settings and do more testing later this morning.

Barry

Comment

3.0.0.44 broke device strings and that has been rectified in 3.0.0.45
                Jon

Comment

Jon,

I am running your script / application here with the Linux version of HS3. That said I am on HS 3 version dot 42. I am seeing my status updates exactly 6 hours behind.

One issue I had noticed was the locale on my test pc was putting me in the UK versus the US (that was me). I synced all of the local settings such that they were the same for all users. (I mean the time zones stuff was correct but everything else was set up for UK). IE: depending on the user I would type "locale" and see the UK local profile come up. HS3 was also showing a UK localization. Fixed that yesterday.

Is it me or HS3 version dot 40 doing this?

Anyone else see this?

Occasionally I see a flash of the correct time update (in accordance to normal time passing versus the back to the future in sync time thing).
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

The last change time/date is set by the PC running the HS3 client. Check that first.
                    Jon

Comment

Thank-you Jon!

Yup; noticed that root was using a UK locale and I was running Homeseer 3 under root.

The about page was showing a UK localization. Changed it to US and it appears OK.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Back on this...

I have HS2 and HS3 on the same machine w/ the Gateway folder on another machine. I have Jon00 HS2 Gateway and Jon00 HS3 Gateway running on the machine that is holding
                        the Gateway folder, ie all gateway business is on a remote machine, HS2 and HS3 running concurrently on the first box.

There is no interaction between HS2 and HS3 aside from the initial log on both telling me that the gateways are connected.

I double checked the hs2 device text file, as well as the hs3 device text file, all looks good.

Any suggestions where I should go from here? (On this particular problem, not generally)

Thanks
                        Don

Comment

Don,

Firsdt thing, would you check that you have the correct IP Addresses in both clients.

For Example:

Machine 1 (Homeseer2 and 3) IPAddress 192.168.1.10
                          Machine 2 (Gateways) IPAddress 192.168.1.20

Your settings for HS2Settings.txt would be:

hs2username=default
                          hs2password=default
                          hs2hostadd=192.168.1.10
                          hs3clientadd=192.168.1.20

Your settings for HS3Settings.txt would be:

hs3hostadd=192.168.1.10
                          hs2clientadd=192.168.1.20
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, I screwed up the IP stuff.

This is so damn cool,,,
                            Last edited by donstephens; November 26, 2013, 03:07 PM.
                            Don

Comment

Don,

Can you confirm that you can now trigger events?
                              Jon

Comment

Will give it a try. Will pay attention to your directions this time. :-)

Works as advertised both ways.... Awesome.
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X