Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Yes, basically. If that doesn't work, stand on one leg and try again
    I tried that too. Here's my event configuration. I click the manually trigger for the event, a couple seconds later I hear those annoying 3 beeps, and nothing changes other than it pauses when message B should be visible.
    Attached Files
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Can you post the screen shots of your messages and DOT file lists from the BLLED plugin page? That's where I found you need to set them first.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Can you post the screen shots of your messages and DOT file lists from the BLLED plugin page? That's where I found you need to set them first.
        Ok here's what is where:
        Message A:
        {transition=rotate}{font=compressedRotate} >- Message A -< {transition=rotate}{font=compressedRotate}
        Message B:
        {callpic=B}

DOT-Checkerboard, 7x80, enabled
        DOT-Runner, 7x30, enabled

Startup Sequence: AB, Office sign enabled
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Maybe try increasing the size parameter for the second message and then re-initializing the sign.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

So the default of 100 is likely the problem. What is a good size for the normal dot image to work?
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I think it depends on the size of the picture. I do have some images working with it still set to 100. 100 means 100 bytes, so not a lot of space. Not sure how the BB stores it in internally though. I would increase the number to something much larger and if it starts working, reduce it down. Alternately, try a small one such as the one Bob had provided (attached) and see if you can get it working.

Cheers
              Al
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much. I had no idea what the size field was used for.
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I tried a size of 2300.

What's the proper sequence once setting it to 2300 to get the BB to accept and allow me to set an image?

I tried hard reset, soft reset, then load image and set message with callpic.

Do I need to power cycle the unit after doing all this size change stuff?
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Try the initialize through the plugin web-page and include the message ID in the sequence. What does the sign display?

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Try the initialize through the plugin web-page and include the message ID in the sequence. What does the sign display?

Cheers
                      Al
                      Before today I never saw the tiny initialize option on the plugin page. Guess I need underline below hyperlinks...

I still get nothing. What am I doing wrong now...
                      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Ok I got it to work, but I have two problems.

When I have the message set to 7x30 it does not work. When I edit the DOT file to 7x80 and do everything (initialize, set picture, soft reset) it works.

When I initialize the display, I get an error message in the log about a picture file not present, but the log shows it sent both picture files properly. It's like it is looping 1 extra time and then does not find an image.

I feel better knowing why my DOT file would not display. The big thing was you telling me about the Initialize is CLICKABLE!

I thought it was a status message.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Glad you're making progress. I have both small files (5x7, 9x7) and large files (80x7) working. Were you able to get the music note to display? With the errors, I would try and grab a debug and ask Bob to look at it. Even when mine does not work, I never get an error in the log for it.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Working...
                          X