"Stay" vs "Night Stay"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stay" vs "Night Stay"

I use the "Stay" mode of my Vista panel for when we're in the house and want to arm exterior door/window sensors, and "Night Stay" when we want to add the motion detectors. Is there a way for Homeseer to differentiate between the two? For example, in "Night Stay" mode I have it turning off some downstairs lights which I don't want to do in "Stay" mode, and I'd like to find a way to differentiate between the two.

Thanks!

I don't think that's possible right now, but I'm going to ask my contact at Envisacor to see if that could be added to the firmware.

What is the status of the partition device when you arm in "Night-stay" mode? Anything special in the logs when that happens?
    Can you tell the difference between these 2 modes from the EyezOn portal or from the local webpage?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I don't think that's possible right now, but I'm going to ask my contact at Envisacor to see if that could be added to the firmware.

What is the status of the partition device when you arm in "Night-stay" mode? Anything special in the logs when that happens?
      Can you tell the difference between these 2 modes from the EyezOn portal or from the local webpage?
      In night-stay mode:
      The "Root" device in HomeSeer reads ***NIGHT-STAY***
      When I log in to the Envisalink3 webpage the system is "Stay Armed"
      Logs say:
      Mar-18 8:04:10 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Partition 1 status change: ArmedInStayMode Mar-18 8:04:08 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLinkAdemco Partition 1 to Arm Night-Stay (-1002) by/from: CAPI Control Handler Note: I armed it from HomeSeer in Night-Stay mode so the 8:04:08PM command might have been from me pressing the button in the web interface.

In regular "Stay" mode:
      The "Root" device in HomeSeer reads ARMED ***STAY***
      The Envisalink3 also says "Stay Armed"
      Logs say:
      Mar-18 8:07:58 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Partition 1 status change: ArmedInStayMode Mar-18 8:07:56 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLinkAdemco Partition 1 to Arm Stay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Hope this helps. I understand why HomeSeer isn't recognizing the difference based on these logs. It would be great if they could add this functionality.

Comment

Any Update?

Just downloaded the plugin, looks great. I also use Night-Stay and would like to trigger an event to turn off all lights in the house except the 2nd floor.

Looking at my screen shot, the choices for "changes and becomes" does not have the option for "Armed in Night-Stay Mode". The closest is "Armed in Stay Mode" which I would not want turn off the lights automatically in that mode.

Any chance of adding Night-Stay as a status since it apparently shows up in the logs?

Thanks,

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

I asked the TPI developers if the "Night Stay" status could be added, they said it would impact a lot of other services so it can't be done anytime soon, but they gave me a workaround. So, I think I will be able to implement it in the plugin anyway.

Comment

I asked the TPI developers if the "Night Stay" status could be added, they said it would impact a lot of other services so it can't be done anytime soon, but they gave me a workaround. So, I think I will be able to implement it in the plugin anyway.

Thanks Spud, look forward to the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
              Thanks Spud, look forward to the solution.
              Actually I would need your help before I can implement this workaround. Could you set the log level to Debug from the Config page, then arm your system in Night stay mode, and then post here the lines written to the log.

Thanks

Comment

Actually I would need your help before I can implement this workaround. Could you set the log level to Debug from the Config page, then arm your system in Night stay mode, and then post here the lines written to the log.

Thanks
                Would I be able to only set the plugin log to debug or does it need to be the HS log?

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                  Would I be able to only set the plugin log to debug or does it need to be the HS log?
                  I only need the plugin debug log, go to the EnvisaLink Ademco config page, and set the log level to Debug.

Thanks

Comment

I only need the plugin debug log, go to the EnvisaLink Ademco config page, and set the log level to Debug.

Thanks
                    Spud - Sent you the debug via a PM.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I have implemented the workaround in version 3.0.0.22 attached.
                      The partition device now has a new status called "Armed in Night Stay Mode", you need to delete your partition device and let the plugin recreate it when it starts for the new status to appear.

Please test and let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by spud; July 1, 2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I have implemented the workaround in version 3.0.0.22 attached.
                        The partition device now has a new status called "Armed in Night Stay Mode", you need to delete your partition device and let the plugin recreate it when it starts for the new status to appear.

Please test and let me know.
                        I have never installed a plugin manually before. Do I just copy the unzipped folder into /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3 (running on a PI). Then where do I copy updater_override.txt and how to kick off the install?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Test Plugin Installed

Hi Spud,

Figured out how to install the test plugin.

I see the new status and in events I see the ability to select "Armed in Night Stay Mode".

I will test and let you know how it works out.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

It Works!

Hi Spud,

The Night-Stay works great.

Minor request, remove the right parenthesis in the description.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                            X