Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The compatible bulb and HS-WD100+ dimmer thread

Compatible led bulbs with the HS-WD100+ dimmer

Philips Warm Glow BR30 65W equivalent led bulb 9W power consumed.

(This was one of those "ah ha" moments as soon as I turned them on. On a very faint flicker at less than 5% but hardly noticeable. And I mean a very very faint flicker. Anything above 5% is fine, but really 5% and below, the bulb is barely on. And no flicker at all. No audible hum or buzz either. The dimmer itself makes more noise than 8 of these bulbs.) I think this bulb is what most people are looking for anyway.

So I had previously used the great value brand "dimmable" bulb. These are totally not acceptable with this dimmer. Way too much flickering at all dim levels except full on. It looked like a room full of people holding a bunch of candles at the lowest dim level. Lot of flickering with this bulb.

I think there should be a sticky on this subject where people post compatible bulbs and incompatible bulbs.

I had to dig quite a bit to find homeseer's testing and used those tests to try to philips warm glow technology. I

My experience has been that the HS WD100+ compatible LED bulbs are no different than LED bulbs compatible with "standard" dimmer switches. I haven't found one that works on the latter that doesn't work on the former. Therefore, what I've been doing is checking Amazon reviews to ensure that people don't have issues with dimmers generally, and they "always" work with the WD100+.

Comment

I think what most people including myself are wanting or have wanted before they buy anything is a definite combination such as the model number or at least the manufacturer and it's claim to fame. A generalized answer doesn't do much good. Would you mind posting which led bulb you have had success getting to work with the HS-WD100+ ?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlyle Harper View Post
        I think what most people including myself are wanting or have wanted before they buy anything is a definite combination such as the model number or at least the manufacturer and it's claim to fame. A generalized answer doesn't do much good. Would you mind posting which led bulb you have had success getting to work with the HS-WD100+ ?
        http://www.homeseer.com/compare-led-...-hs-wd100.html

I personally use Philips bulbs and LED trims, I have yet to have an issue. They dim smooth and I don't have any flickering issues.

Feit has been hit or miss, but the LED trims from Costco also work well. The dimming on them is not smooth, but once they are set, they stay lit without flicker.

Comment

Like Carlyle, I find that many LEDs do not work with HS dimmers even though they are dimmable.

The Philips warm glow series in various styles work well for us.

Michael
          Michael

Comment

I'm primarily doing track lighting with PAR20 bulbs. I've gone through a LOT of different types of PAR20 bulbs on a regular dimmer before settling on ones I liked, which worked equally well with the WD100+ switch. The problem I have been having is that they buzz.

PAR20's with a minimal amount/no buzzing:
            PAR20 LuminWiz 8W 2700K 500lm 50W equivalent E26 base
            Torchstar PAR20 LED 8W 50W Equivalent 3000K 550Lm E26 base

Both available from Amazon.

Ones I did not like:
            Triangle Bulbs 7-Watt PAR20 (excessive buzzing)
            Philips 456087 6PAR20/F35 3000 DIM (weird light; more buzzing than my favorites)

Comment

Other bulbs:
              "Regular" light bulbs:
              Philips 459131 100W Equivalent A21 warm glow effect

MR16 bulbs:
              MR16 dimmable GU10 Sunco 6W 40W halogen equivalent 400lm 45 degree

The MR16's surprised me. They are relatively dirt cheap (10 pack for $38), and are just flawless.

All available on Amazon.

Comment

Good day,

I have tried quite a few bulb brands of Par20 LED for HS-WD100+ Dimmers

Satco 7PAR20 LED 40' 3500K 120V
                http://www.satco.com/s9407.htmlhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Nice light, no flicker however 4 out 8 bulbs dim down all the way. 4 out of 8 drop out when dimmed to low levels. Hit or miss.

Luminwiz PAR20 LED Bulb,8W Dimmable Spot Light Bulb,50W Equivalent,3000K Soft White,500 Lumens,Flood Light Bulb-UL & ENERGY STAR LISTED,E26 Medium Base,40 Beam Angle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Found the light too yellow for my taste 3000K. Dimming was great. However I noticed a slight flicker when dimmed. Seemed to have the same case/build as the Torchstar.

TORCHSTAR #Dimmable# PAR20 LED Light Bulb, 8W (50W Equivalent), 4000K Cool White, 570Lm, E26 Medium Base, Damp Location Available

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Like these the best, Nice light, great dimming all the way down and no flicker. You can turn the dimmer off at the lowest dim setting and then back on without any flicker.

Comment

I have about 40 of the Philips par20 bulbs. They are about 8w and 2700k - fairly close in colour to the incandescents that they replaced. They seem to change the models about every 6 months, but they all provide a similar light colour and dimming (good) , even though the first room was converted about 4 years ago. Most recent rooms about 1 year ago. Expensive but very good.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Flood style bulb

In my line of work I rarely use an a19 style bulb it is mostly retro fit kits and flood bulbs in 6" 4" can housings. (Many high end homes with 100's of can lights) I have been looking for anything that will work with these HOMESEER 100+ dimmers. There are about 80 dimmers installed in the home. Sylvania retros do not work. And other brands that the home owner checked on either. Bought $100's of dollars in other brands in floods and no luck.
                    2 questions why isn't Homeseer testing or showing results for Flood bulbs?
                    And anyone having success with ANY?
                    Thx

Comment

GE LED Compatability

Does anyone have experience with the following?

GE HD Light Reveal LED
                      GE HD Light Relax LED
                      GE HD Light Refresh LED

I like the light that these LED's put off and am looking for a compatible Z-Wave+ Dimmer.

Comment

Working...
                      X