No announcement yet.

HA-Bridge - EU/UK direct control of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devuce type tou can leave blank it will change it for you.

The copy and paste does shorten the url but you should be able to click and save link and paste it to get the full thing. If its not working can you paste a screen shot or make sure your device is on at 255 and off at 0 in that devices advanced tab. If these are some type of rgb lights or special lighting maybe 255 is not on.

Comment

I have to assume your error is in the http and its a typo as the dime command and the on and off commands are the same except your using a "$" variable. Everything before the value is spelled out the same. Here is a screen shot or to to help you.
      Attached Files

Comment

It's working now! Yes my light switch has a different On value. It is 99

Have you had any issues where sometimes when you press the light button on harmony remote that it doesn't work or is it very reliable and work all the time? I refreshed my hue connection in harmony phone app and seems to work now. Will keep testing.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
          It's working now! Yes my light switch has a different On value. It is 99

Have you had any issues where sometimes when you press the light button on harmony remote that it doesn't work or is it very reliable and work all the time? I refreshed my hue connection in harmony phone app and seems to work now. Will keep testing.
          Its very reliable for on and off. Dimming sometimes seems to be an issue. I'm not sure if I just haven't found the trick, but for the most part I use only on a off.

Glad you found the problem is 99 vs. 255. You can always check your swtiches settings and see what the value is for max and enter that for on. off should always be 0 but you can also change that if need be.

Playing with those urls you can run a scene instead of a light or what ever you need.

Enjoy!

Comment

Yes dimming is the problem. Anyone else out there figured this out for dimming for it to be reliable? Kinda deal breaker for me. I'm prob going to return my elite remote and get the non touchscreen version "the companion". A company called NEEO has a remote if they ever manufacture and deliver will be the next best remote.

Comment

Yes dimming is the problem. Anyone else out there figured this out for dimming for it to be reliable? Kinda deal breaker for me. I'm prob going to return my elite remote and get the non touchscreen version "the companion". A company called NEEO has a remote if they ever manufacture and deliver will be the next best remote.
              Well dimming shouldn't be a problem but it probley is for you because your value stops at 99 not 255. So that means we need to adjust your http command for the dimming to reflect this change. This info on how to do this is in the github page. One sec and I'll find that.

Comment

thanks...can I just go into status graphics and change it? it has 255 set to last level on mine and 99 has On

I have the cooper rf aspire switches

thanks for your help

Comment

Well I just checked and you should be good to go.

https://github.com/armzilla/amazon-echo-ha-bridge

Almost all the way down the page. You should see.

"Dimming is also supported by using the expression ${intensity.percent} with a value of 0-100 or ${intensity.byte} with a value 0-255, respectively."

Since your using ${intensity.percent} you should be ok.

There is some samples there. The other issue might be with dimming to 99 or 100%. Homeseer might not accept that and want a on command instead. So you'll have to test to see where you issue lies with dimming.

Comment

I just went into status graphics and set on as 100 and dim from 1-99. Before it was 1-98 and on was 99. Maybe this will work now. Will test it out.

Comment

That might not workout for you on changing that device to 255, but I can;t really anwser that for sure.

If you do that you could also try that "${intensity.byte}" http instead of the percentage.

A little bit of playing around you should get it.

Also I have only the non touch screen versions on the harmony. And the probley I have with dimming is there is only one plus and minus for the 4 buttons. So my confusion is on how to work the dimming properly with the remote. You need to turn on the light first which is 100% then use the plus and minus to dim. But how long before it times out the plus and minus don;t know which light to dim.

I would assume the touch screen version has no issue with this as you can select the light from the list then dim up or down. Your also not limited to 4 buttons or devices per remote like I am.

I have one remote per room and use them just for that room light, fan, maybe a hallway light for restroom walks for the kids or something.

Comment

you mean your remote has two light bulbs and two wall switch buttons right?

do you do scenes or anything with the other four color buttons

also if I have 4 lights under hue bridge I assume those count as 4 devices and not 1 with harmony?

im really thinking about getting the remote I think you have which is more than half the price of mine because I have iPads in my rooms as well and really only need to control lights in my tv room and then maybe 2-3 scenes. also harmony remote isnt very good at controlling sonos or thermostats

Comment

you mean your remote has two light bulbs and two wall switch buttons right?
                          Correct so 4 devices total its able to control

do you do scenes or anything with the other four color buttons
                          I don't do any scenes myself and the 4 color buttons are not part of the home or programmable options. You can only program the two light and two outlet buttons to home control or this hue decives.

also if I have 4 lights under hue bridge I assume those count as 4 devices and not 1 with harmony?
                          That is correct, unless you make a scene that turns all on and all off at one time. But then you have no separate control of them if you ever want that from the remote.

im really thinking about getting the remote I think you have which is more than half the price of mine because I have iPads in my rooms as well and really only need to control lights in my tv room and then maybe 2-3 scenes. also harmony remote isnt very good at controlling sonos or thermostats
                          Mine retails for 149.99 and can be found for 120 ish new or less if refurbished. My father just bought one this weekend at bestbuy for 129.99 after they priced matched an online price from homedepot I found.

Without the screen you will have only some basic control of 4 total devices or scenes. So if you only have 1 light a fan and two scenes your good. Technically you could run 4 scenes as you can make a button to run one when you turn it on and a different scene when you turn it off. So you can squeeze it. You will also not have the name labels on the switches or touch screen like you do now. You'll have to remember which outlet icon does what for on and off. Pretty much you'll know but no one else will. And if you ended up like myself with one in each room that makes it even harder to remember.

Comment

thanks

I think ill keep mine even though I hate the price lol. thank you so much for all your help. you have been very helpful.

Comment

I have everything working in HS3pro and ha-bridge with a couple of Echo Dots. My zwave test light works fine using the Test buttons. Excellent instructions provided here, by the way.

My problem is that the Alexa app cannot discover any devices. I do not have a MyHS account - which I thought wasn't needed. Only one network / subnet running as my wireless is through access points. Firewall is turned off on my Win7 Homeseer server. I do have a pfSense main firewall here, wondering if some ports need access for the Alexa app?

Both Dots are getting correct IP addresses on my network, though I can't ping them. I have rebooted HS completely and verified that the bridge starts automatically. I have also tried the Alexa app from both a workstation and a wireless tablet.

Ideas?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kprice View Post
                                I have everything working in HS3pro and ha-bridge with a couple of Echo Dots. My zwave test light works fine using the Test buttons. Excellent instructions provided here, by the way.

My problem is that the Alexa app cannot discover any devices. I do not have a MyHS account - which I thought wasn't needed. Only one network / subnet running as my wireless is through access points. Firewall is turned off on my Win7 Homeseer server. I do have a pfSense main firewall here, wondering if some ports need access for the Alexa app?

Both Dots are getting correct IP addresses on my network, though I can't ping them. I have rebooted HS completely and verified that the bridge starts automatically. I have also tried the Alexa app from both a workstation and a wireless tablet.

Ideas?

Kevin
                                You don't need myHS for this to work. You do need to make sure the discovery ports are open as the echos will try and search the local network for this bridge on its discovery port.

if the bridge is running and echos cant find it I would assume its a network or firewall issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X