Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CT30 Battery symbol and HS unable to poll temp - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 seconds is simply not enough time to poll a thermostat and get all of the data. If you didnt have that section in your settings.ini before, then it must be defaulting to 2 seconds.

Are you shutting down HS before adding that line?
    Also, are you sure you only have one [Z-Wave] entry in your settings.ini?
    Post your Z-Wave section here to see if we can spot anything.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

As I posted in post #9 you are having a communications issue. Have you optomized your network? How many Z-Wave devices do you have in your network?
      I concur.

Yes, I have optimized it and network health is enabled. It runs from 1 am to 3 am.

The house is roughly 35 ft by 60 ft outside dimensions and there is no tin foil lining my walls to keep the government out so range should not be an issue.

Devices:
      1 GE light switch
      2 intermatic lamp modules
      1 intermatic secondary controller
      1 GE secondary controller (both controllers are battery operated and do not repeat commands.)
      1 intermatic high voltage switch (for HW heater)
      1 thermostat
      Aeon Labs z-stick II

Yes, I shut down HS and the speaker client, added the line, then saved and restarted HS. I may have neglected the touch client if it was running, I am not sure.

Just for S&G, I made sure everything was shut down again. Removed that line and saved. Added that line and saved it again. Restarted HS. Same results as above.

Z-wave section of settings.ini:

[Z-Wave]
      Response_Wait=10000
      Key=7A-A7-81-F7-85-3B-86-CD-3-16-EA-E3-BC-B8-B1-28

That is it. According to notepad's find feature, that is the only occurrence of "Z-Wave"

The Key line is followed by [ConfigFiles]

Thanks for your help!

Comment

How far is the stat from the controller? If memory serves me correctly I believe this stat requires a beaming device as the last device to communicate with the stat unless the stat has direct communications with the controller. Three or four devices wouldn't offer many routes so it may simply be a weak network and will require more devices. You can try using Z-Seer to see what your mesh looks like.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Z-wave section of settings.ini:

[Z-Wave]
          Response_Wait=10000
          Key=7A-A7-81-F7-85-3B-86-CD-3-16-EA-E3-BC-B8-B1-28

That is it. According to notepad's find feature, that is the only occurrence of "Z-Wave"

The Key line is followed by [ConfigFiles]

Thanks for your help!
          I wonder if that setting is specific to the Z-Troller and not the Aeon Labs Z-Stick. That setting should tell the interface to wait 10 seconds, but your error keeps saying waited '2' seconds.

I still maintain that 2 seconds is not enough time to get a response; no matter how many devices you have.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            How far is the stat from the controller? If memory serves me correctly I believe this stat requires a beaming device as the last device to communicate with the stat unless the stat has direct communications with the controller. Three or four devices wouldn't offer many routes so it may simply be a weak network and will require more devices. You can try using Z-Seer to see what your mesh looks like.
            The stat is roughly 25 feet away from the controller. There is one wall between them, but it is an interior wall, so just 2 layers of drywall.

I used z-seer. The thermostat is all the way on the right of the diagram. See attached.

I would agree, 2 seconds does not seem to be enough to get a response.

If I can find my usb extension cable I will try changing the angle of the dangle a bit to see if that helps. It is stuck in the back of my homeseer PC, which is next to an exterior wall. Admittedly this is less than ideal but I have been nervous about sticking it in the front for fear of a child running by and breaking it. That is what happened to a wireless keyboard dongle that I used to have. If it helps I will post back.

Comment

Working...
            X