Thermostat recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EricE View Post
    For the Nest? Unless they just changed it, I'm pretty sure they only have one model. For the zWave I'd have to go look - I don't remember which one...

You want it?
    Yes plz. Thanks
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      Yes plz. Thanks
      Google Nest and you will get all the info you need.
      http://www.nest.com/?gclid=CP7b0LC1wq8CFUGR7QodlhZUZw
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thks, Rupp, I did after I posted. Google is your friend...
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by EricE View Post
          I pulled the trigger and put a Nest on my lower thermostat. I am really pleased with it. Yes, it would be nice if they supported integration or provided an API to tap into it so I can integrate it - but as for a well designed thermostat that integrates to my schedule automatically (not that I have one - also a key point).

So, while the zWave thermostat I have upstairs is interesting, the Nest is far more useful. And the reports that Nest shows are pretty darn cool too!
          Does this mean the Nest can't be controlled by Homeseer? Does the iPhone app use some kind of proprietary IP protocol?

On a similar line of thouht, if home automation is moving toward IP controlled devices, are there any IP outlets, light switches, appliance modules, etc currently available? Is it really feasible to have a whole house controlled via IP?

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            Does this mean the Nest can't be controlled by Homeseer?
            Thats correct. I havent found it an issue as the Nest is, so far, way better at adjusting to me than anything i have cooked up in Homeseer.

Does the iPhone app use some kind of proprietary IP protocol?
            Depends on your definition. The Nest thermostat talks to their web site, and so does the iPhone app. The iPhone app does not talk to the thermostat directly, near as I can tell.

The Nest folks are evolving their product fairly rapidly. Hopefully they will expose and API someday. Even if they don't, I'm perfectly happy with the way it's functioning today - but it can always get better

Comment

I'm interested in the nest. My elec bill is still way too high!
              HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
              X