Event setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event setup question

On the event trigger screen there is a box labeled "Device Code to store log file data: ".
    What is this used for and what goes in there. It doesn't show up in the 'Help'.
    I tried putting in the code 'V34' for a virtual device I have to see what might happen, but nothing happened to my V34 device when I triggered the event.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

For that you may have to wait till Blade is done vacationing. I never used that feature, I wonder if it takes a restart of HS to get that going?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Never mind... Error between the ears....

I found out what shows up there... it's the entire text of the line in the log that triggered the event.

I found it out as I was trying to find out why I couldn't get BLLogmonitor to work at all. I hadn't put the entire path to my Homeseer log file (ah.log) in the setup, so it wasn't seeing the message show up in the log. Once I got that set up properly then my event triggered properly and my V34 devicestring was filled with the line in the log that had triggered the event. Ta Da!!
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I have the same question, but I can't figure out what Ram is explaining. What is the purpose of the box labeled "Device Code to store log file data: "?
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
        2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
        300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
        6 CT-100 tstats
        Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
        18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Working...
        X