Help me out Spud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me out Spud

I'm trying to set a timer with the difference between 2 other timers using ($$DVR:941: - $$DVR:928 I keep getting an error, and I have tried till I want to pull my hair out... what do I do?

EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 300 for device 942

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    I'm trying to set a timer with the difference between 2 other timers using ($$DVR:941: - $$DVR:928 I keep getting an error, and I have tried till I want to pull my hair out... what do I do?

EasyTrigger ERROR SetDeviceValue: Cannot find control value 300 for device 942
    The HomeSeer timer and counter devices are for display only, they cannot be controlled. As a result you cannot control a counter or timer from the Easy Trigger plug-in. The only way to control a timer from within an event is with the "control a timer" action.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      The HomeSeer timer and counter devices are for display only, they cannot be controlled. As a result you cannot control a counter or timer from the Easy Trigger plug-in. The only way to control a timer from within an event is with the "control a timer" action.
      I started out trying to set a virtual switch with the difference between the two. and I was having trouble with that too. Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
        I started out trying to set a virtual switch with the difference between the two. and I was having trouble with that too. Is that possible?
        yes it's possible, but in your virtual device you need to define a range of values that are controls (or both status and control)

Comment

I got it! thanks to both of you!

Comment

Working...
          X