TZ16 and HS2 Polling Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TZ16 and HS2 Polling Question

I finished bench testing my TZ16 and installed it into my heating (gas) and cooling system this weekend. It seems to be working well but, I still have a couple of questions.

When I do a polling operation, manual or automatic, from HS it doesn't seem to update the status screen current temperature and setpoints. When I adjust the setpoints through HS the current information, temperature and setpoints, are updated on the HS status screen. Any suggestions?

Secondly, how can I do temperature changes triggerd by time of day? Should that be done through scripts or can it be done through the events screen of HS?

Thanks for any suggestions for me to try.

Curt

OK, I just figgured out how to adjust the temperature triggered by time through the device events feature of HS. I'll have to monitor it for a few days to make sure it is working correctly. I'm still wondering about the above polling issues though?

Running HS vsn 2.0.2040.0
    Last edited by Poove; February 6, 2006, 05:29 AM.

Hi Poove,

How do you manualy poll the Zstat? mine only updates when the script runs or if I set one of the controls which also runs the script.

Darrell

Comment

TZ-16 Polling Status

On the HS status screen there is a "poll devices" button. That is how I have been trying to poll the TZ16.

I think what you are seeing is what I was trying to describe. Only when I change a setting on the tstat through HS does it seem to update the status screen with the current information.

Seems like you should be able to set the polling period and have the current thermostat status/temperature information updated on the HS status screen.

I'm new at this so it may be that I just don't have something setup quite right yet.

Let me know if you figgure anything out and I'll do the same.

Thanks, Curt

Comment

Event Log Information

In the event log screen the polling information for the tstat is "cool 78". It looks like it is just returning the cooling setpoint. Maybe you won't get all the tstat information when polling? That is what it looks like at this point.

Curt

Comment

Unfortunately I cant poll my zstat, as I have sent the bridge to RCS for upgrade. But I do remember that polling from the status screen always returned a (unit off) response, even when the HVAC unit was on. But this bridge was version 1.0 zwave so I am not sure that we would get the same results.

When the script is run I would see in the HS log the Temp, Heat and cool setpoint info. But I think I added the Hs.writelog lines in the script to display that additional info. It might be worth playing with.

Darrell

Comment

The poll feature for devices is ignored for thermostats. To change the thermostat polling, edit the file zstat.thm in your scripts folder, the polling interval is at the top of the file.

If you want a quick update, click on the Fan mode (On or Auto), this will force a complete poll of the thermostat and update the display.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Homeseer Developer Kit?

Originally posted by rjh
              The poll feature for devices is ignored for thermostats. To change the thermostat polling, edit the file zstat.thm in your scripts folder, the polling interval is at the top of the file.

If you want a quick update, click on the Fan mode (On or Auto), this will force a complete poll of the thermostat and update the display.
              Thanks for the information! My question now is how to open the zstat.thm file for editing? I have to download the homeseer developer kit, correct? And that is done through the update process? Then you can open and edit the zstat.thm file using the developer kit?

Thanks Again, Curt

Comment

Answered My Own Questions!

Originally posted by Poove
                Thanks for the information! My question now is how to open the zstat.thm file for editing? I have to download the homeseer developer kit, correct? And that is done through the update process? Then you can open and edit the zstat.thm file using the developer kit?

Thanks Again, Curt
                I just answered my own question and it appears Yes to all of the above. I have to study more on the editing process so as not to screw things up too badly, now I will really be dangerous!

Curt
                Last edited by Poove; February 8, 2006, 04:57 AM. Reason: Added a title

Comment

Originally posted by Poove
                  I just answered my own question and it appears Yes to all of the above. I have to study more on the editing process so as not to screw things up too badly, now I will really be dangerous!

Curt
                  I use notepad, I have a shortcut to the HS2\script directory on my desktop I open it up and click on the script I want to edit. I usualy save a copy of the script first that way if I break it I can always go back.

Darrell

Comment

Select "Scripts" from the Edit menu (on the log view), this will open the scripts folder, then edit with notepad as mentioned. Its just a text file.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X