BLLogMonitor Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLLogMonitor Help

Can someone give me some basic instructions on how to use this Plug in? I didn't see a read me or a help file. I thought I had things setup but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

This is what I'm trying to do:

I have a Foscam that drops out every so often - I can't access it and it causes my HSTouch screen to cause the following error in the log:

Downloading image file http://192.168.2.132:80/snapshot.cgi?user=XXXX&pwd=XXXX aborted, taking too much time.

I have the power supply of the Foscam on an appliance module so that I can remotely reset it.

How can I use BLLogMonitor to trigger an event that will reset the Foscam when it is malfunctioning?

It's pretty easy, there is a help file if you push the button called help at the top of the screen.

On the options screen of the plug-in you setup what log you want it to monitor. That's almost all there is as far as the Plug-in goes.

Setup your event and choose BLlogmonitor as the trigger. Use the log you want to monitor in the drop down box. The one(s) you choose on the option page of the plug-in should be listed there. Contains is the only choice as far as trigger. Then you setup what in the log is going to trigger the event. It has to be EXACT or it will not fire. I had one event I couldn't get going until I waited for it to happen and cut and pasted the phrase right from the log text file, then it was fine.

One other thing, since HomeSeer switches the log at midnight for a new one it doesn't go very well with the log is being monitored. Blade put in two script calls so you can shut the plug-in down just before midnight and start it up again just after.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Well, I feel a little dumb for missing the help button. I tried the Support Forum button and it didn't go to anywhere and I totally missed the help button.

I have copied and pasted my exact event of

"Downloading image file http://192.168.2.132:80/snapshot.cgi?user=XXXX&pwd=XXXX aborted, taking too much time."

but it doesn't seem to be triggering.

Is it possible I'm monitoring the wrong log? I want to monitor the log that shows up under the "log" button in Homeseer as that's where I'm seeing the error message.

Do I have to have the system tray icon running for it to work and monitor the log?

Comment

you just monitor the standard HS log file. If you saw it in the drop down list when setting up your event then you got that right.

You might want to shorten it a bit, maybe just use the "aborted, taking too much time" part, unless you get that a lot in the log for other reasons.

The system tray does not need to be running.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Wow, this was apparently just a bad day for me to be working on HomeSeer stuff. Even though I thought I double checked it more than once, I had the monitored file name incorrect. I put .txt as the extension instead of .log. All is working like a charm now.

Thanks for your help nightwalker!

Comment

glad you got it going
            Marty
            ------

Comment

I can't find where the elog is located (the live log we see when we press the "Log" button in HomeSeer. I can find the archived logs, but not the live one.

Do I misunderstand? Does this not monitor the live log in real time, or does it just review the most recent archived log (which might make a notice 12hrs late)?

Help.
              Last edited by Sheriff; July 15, 2012, 08:59 PM. Reason: clarification
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
              2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
              300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
              6 CT-100 tstats
              Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
              18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

My HomeSeer log resides at "Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Logs\HomeSeer.LOG" your's may be different depending on where you have HomeSeer installed.

Yes this monitors the HomeSeer log in real time once it's setup correctly.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X