3M-50 WiFi Thermostat plug-in available to test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    You no this is kind of confusing, the "HOLD" funtion should stop the schedule and then maintain the current temp. Once pressed again it should continues its schedule, is this the way it's suppose to work?
    The "Hold" button on the thermostat will disable the thermostat's schedule and maintain the current temperature. However, with the current design of the plugin the schedule in HomeSeer would continue to run and change the temperature. With reidfo's new modification to the plugin, pressing the "Hold" button will disable the thermostat's schedule and also set the "Hold" status in HomeSeer so that event conditions can be set based on the "Hold" device value.

Comment

Keep in mind that for those of you currently using the plugin the hold mode device does show on/off status. Until the next release though you'll need to manually turn off hold (or do it in an event) when HS changes the setpoint.
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Reidfo, if the stat is changed manually, will HS know abouts it's change at the moment or when it's polls?
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Reidfo, if the stat is changed manually, will HS know abouts it's change at the moment or when it's polls?
          At least according to the API documentation, the thermostats do not report manual changes, so it must be polled.
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
            I'm going to change the plugin behavior so that it does not automatically set hold when the setpoint is changed. This will let you decide how you want to use the hold feature.
            I was wondering if you have any estimate as to when the next beta will be released with the change to the "Hold" functionality. I will be off of work Friday - Sunday and I was thinking of purchasing the thermostat and testing the plugin during my long weekend.

Comment

I actually have the release version ready and I'm just waiting for Mark to get back to me with some details on getting it into the store. If it's not there by the weekend I'll upload another beta that includes the new hold functionality.

Comment

Ok, I decided that just in case this doesn't make it into the updater this week I'll post a final beta. It expires on 4/1/2012 and is considered the release candidate. It adds the new hold behavior, a help page, and more bug fixes.

The new hold mode means you now have a configuration option to tell HomeSeer whether or not to set Hold mode to On when the setpoint is changed. This is a global setting, and I think it will accommodate users who want HomeSeer to control every aspect of the thermostat as well as those who want the thermostat programs to be in control.

See the top post for the download link.

Comment

A couple days ago I installed beta5 to see what the plugin looked like. I hadn't actually installed a thermostat yet. Tonight I stopped HomeSeer to uninstall beta5. After uninstalling beta5 I restarted HomeSeer and the following error was displayed when HomeSeer attempted to start. HomeSeer was unable to start. I restored a backup of the HomeSeer folder and HomeSeer was able to start, but two of my plugins were unable to start. They were returning an interface error and complaining about their license being expired in the HomeSeer log file. The affected plugins were WAFNetCallerID script and the SageTV InControl plugin. I entered the license info for both plugins and everything seems to have returned to normal. I'm running HomeSeer 2.5.0.23 on Windows XP SP3.

Comment

I am running the beta version 1.0.3 and have checked the box to prevent "phoning home". However, the thermostats are still communicating with the RF cloud server.

Does the new beta fix this problem? If I recall from the RF site, the plugin may need to set the authkey to blank to shut down the phone home capability (it is not enough, despite what the RF documentation says, to set the bit on the phone home flag to zero in order to actually shut down the communications. The RF documentation is terrible, from what I can gather).

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by regm View Post
                      A couple days ago I installed beta5 to see what the plugin looked like. I hadn't actually installed a thermostat yet. Tonight I stopped HomeSeer to uninstall beta5. After uninstalling beta5 I restarted HomeSeer and the following error was displayed when HomeSeer attempted to start. HomeSeer was unable to start. I restored a backup of the HomeSeer folder and HomeSeer was able to start, but two of my plugins were unable to start. They were returning an interface error and complaining about their license being expired in the HomeSeer log file. The affected plugins were WAFNetCallerID script and the SageTV InControl plugin. I entered the license info for both plugins and everything seems to have returned to normal. I'm running HomeSeer 2.5.0.23 on Windows XP SP3.

Also had the same issue with scheduler.dll when upgrading from beta5 to beta6

Comment

Apologies for the dll errors guys. Run a repair install from the add/remove programs page to fix that error. The previous builds were including dlls that should not have been in there. I've sorted that out (and figure out why they kept creeping back into the installs).

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                          I am running the beta version 1.0.3 and have checked the box to prevent "phoning home". However, the thermostats are still communicating with the RF cloud server.

Does the new beta fix this problem? If I recall from the RF site, the plugin may need to set the authkey to blank to shut down the phone home capability (it is not enough, despite what the RF documentation says, to set the bit on the phone home flag to zero in order to actually shut down the communications. The RF documentation is terrible, from what I can gather).

Regards.
                          The plugin will only disable the cloud service when HomeSeer starts, so if you check the box and save your settings, you'll still need to restart HomeSeer for the change to take effect. It does blank out the authkey in addition to disabling the cloud service.

Comment

Thanks very much. Just installed beta6 and will report on how it is working.

One thing I noticed - is it possible that the plugin is changing the "Max size for event log" setting on the general setup page? Something changed that setting to '1', and the only thing I've done is to uninstall beta4 and install beta6. I also changed my logging settings in the BeakerStat plugin from 'Verbose' to 'Error'.

Not a problem - it's easy to change it back to a larger number, but I thought I should bring it up in case it is inadvertently being caused by the plugin.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                              One thing I noticed - is it possible that the plugin is changing the "Max size for event log" setting on the general setup page? Something changed that setting to '1', and the only thing I've done is to uninstall beta4 and install beta6. I also changed my logging settings in the BeakerStat plugin from 'Verbose' to 'Error'.
                              The plugin does not change any HomeSeer settings. Not sure what would have caused this.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                                The plugin will only disable the cloud service when HomeSeer starts, so if you check the box and save your settings, you'll still need to restart HomeSeer for the change to take effect. It does blank out the authkey in addition to disabling the cloud service.
                                I read on the radiothermostat.com forum that the thermostat's firmware is automatically updated from the cloud service. Using the plugin, I can't see why I would need the cloud service other than possible firmware updates. It sounds like we would not receive firmware updates if the cloud service is disabled. I also read that we can contact Filtrete support and request that the firmware be emailed to us. How do you update the firmware on your thermostat? Should I even be concerned about the firmware updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X