2gig & Beaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2gig & Beaming

I purchased the 2gig tstat and read that it won't do beaming with the C-Wire connected. So, I didn't connect the C-wire, added the 2gig to my system (Ztroller) and everything seems to be working fine. I have it polling every 5 minutes. The problem is battery life. I get down to a 25% battery within 2 months and have to replace them.

So.... If I connect the C-Wire and it disables beaming, does that mean it's then a stand alone tstat that won't connect and be controlled by Homeseer? Maybe the better question is "What is beaming"?

Originally posted by osbornauto View Post
    I purchased the 2gig tstat and read that it won't do beaming with the C-Wire connected. So, I didn't connect the C-wire, added the 2gig to my system (Ztroller) and everything seems to be working fine. I have it polling every 5 minutes. The problem is battery life. I get down to a 25% battery within 2 months and have to replace them.

So.... If I connect the C-Wire and it disables beaming, does that mean it's then a stand alone tstat that won't connect and be controlled by Homeseer? Maybe the better question is "What is beaming"?
    No, it will still work with HomeSeer with the "C" wire connected. Beaming is something the battery powered devices use to save power. Powering the thermostat so that it doesn't have to resort to beaming will be better.

Comment

Working...
    X