Error: Creating connection to MyHS service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Creating connection to MyHS service

I get a Creating connection error multiple times per day on my test box for HomeSeer, aside from that everything works really well. I'm not sure if I can just ignore this error or not when I'm ready to port my HS3 box's license over to it.

Aug-08 1:37:04 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    Aug-08 1:37:00 PM weatherXML Run between 0 23
    Aug-08 1:36:44 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    Aug-08 1:36:31 PM Error Creating connection to MyHS service, there may a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.
    Aug-08 1:36:00 PM weatherXML Tiggers to check: 0
    Aug-08 1:36:00 PM weatherXML Check for last ran triggers
    Aug-08 1:36:00 PM weatherXML Run between 0 23
    Aug-08 1:35:49 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    Aug-08 1:35:20 PM Info System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.

It could just be an internet connection thing I suppose, I hope its not an issue with the server, everything is up to date (version wise).

Not sure what the trial version of HomeSeer does, if it does checking / registering more often and some of those requests are just timing out/failing in which case I don't have to be concerned at all?

Thanks anyone who has any ideas!

Originally posted by LCrawfo View Post
    I get a Creating connection error multiple times per day on my test box for HomeSeer, aside from that everything works really well. I'm not sure if I can just ignore this error or not when I'm ready to port my HS3 box's license over to it.
    !
    For me it is the opposite today. Log is filling with useless repeated info that it has connected successfully.... I am quitting this service for poluting logs.

more then 1000 lines in 5 hours!!!!

Code:
    aug-09 10:53:26	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:53:06	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:52:45	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:52:24	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:52:04	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:51:43	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:51:22	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:51:02	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:50:41	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:50:09	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:49:48	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:49:28	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:49:07	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:48:46	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    aug-09 10:48:26	 	Info	System registered with MyHomeSeer service successfully.
    Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hello,

i have also this coming once in a while and would be interested to know whta it's about ?

10.08.2014 01:24:05 ~!~Error~!~Creating connection to MyHS service, there may a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.

looking forward to reading this thread ,
      thanks
      phil

Comment

Log Messages

I too am finding that my Log file is filing up with these messages. I can understand that the software needs to register on Startup but I am also seeing multiple registration notices (some only 20 seconds apart).

Comment

Hello,

just wanted to give my experience solving this !

i realised that in the setup tab, there is an option to connect to this HS services (that i don't know yet about)
          and it was checked, so trying to get connected ... i now unchecked it, and all is good, but i would need now to know whet this service is about !

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phil2 View Post
            but i would need now to know whet this service is about !
            Hi Phil, see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167137

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I think the software gives the reconnect message when it is trying to connect. The myhs server isn't always up and you get these messages when it's not.
              Don

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  The myhs server isn't always up and you get these messages when it's not.
                  Why is the myhs server not always up? Isn't this a paid service, even if it is in beta?

Comment

Originally posted by mtroxell1 View Post
                    Why is the myhs server not always up? Isn't this a paid service, even if it is in beta?
                    It's free for most unless you opt for more options.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well, it actually works well for me when it works. It just seems that it only connects about half the time I try to use it.

Comment

Working...
                      X