Cannot link Alexa with external provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot link Alexa with external provider

I had Alexa working ok with .258. I completed the upgrade to .280 (also tried .281). Alexa would control the devices but gave an error that it couldn't control it (sorry can't remember the exact wording).

I then unlinked Homeseer via the Alexa app and removed all devices.

I can no longer link back when clicking the new API link
    https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/part...ain=ALEXA_COHO

I am prompted to login to myhs which I do but it returns back to an Amazon page with the following error:

an error occurred while attempting to Alexa to an external provider. Please try again later.

I've tried repeatedly. tried different browsers
    user/pass is correct for both myhs and amazon
    tried downgrading back to .258

no joy no Alexa

Happened to me as well.
    Hope to find a solution for this.

Comment

Same here, my echo DOT just arrived and I can't link account for either API or skill.
      Is the integration link down??

Comment

Seems to be back up and running now...

Comment

my echo

Originally posted by dondi View Post
          Happened to me as well.
          Hope to find a solution for this.

my echo not finding devices

Comment

Amazon has changed how the API works and we are currently updating things on our end to get it working again. Once I verify functionality I will post an update.

Please keep in mind that this functionality is in testing and normally Amazon does not allow the public posting of the linking URL, but I thought it would benefit us to have more users testing. So please be patient while we work though this.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks all. I tried again this morning and it successfully linked. It appears to have been a temporary issue as suggested. It now doesn't discover the devices anymore but I can look at that later today.

cheers,

Mike
              Last edited by ShimmerNZ; April 14, 2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I had mine working yesterday as well. Today it will not communicate or discover any devices. I hope they fix it soon. I was having a blast with it. Neither API or Skill works at the moment.

Comment

The V2 API is now functional, see updated instructions to test:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180033

Comment

Still can't discover anything.

Comment

The new link provided after I log in with my amazon ID it brings me to a blank page.

Comment

Works great

I have had no difficulty after following the instructions in this post updated on 4/15/16: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180033.
                        Make sure you update from the link in the post and not from the Skills section in the Alexa App. Also sign in to Amazon with your Amazon ID before clicking the update link in the linked post.

Alexa had no problem discovering my VOICE ENABLED devices. (Make sure those devices are also On/Off devices or supported thermostat devices (which I do not have).

In the testing I have performed so far, Alexa can reliably turn on/off any of my 24 enabled devices using either the "Tell HomeSeer to" or using the direct method (i.e., "Alexa, Turn On Living Room Lights". It is really most impressive.

I have not tried to Run Events yet. In general, I find it more convenient to create virtual on/off devices which in turn can trigger any event. For example, I have a virtual on off device named "Night Mode". I simply say, "Alexa, Turn On Night Mode". Night Mode going on triggers an event that turns off all house lights, locks all doors, turns on the security System in Stay Mode, and enables a script that dims bedroom lights and turns on my bathroom lights if I get up during the night and turns them off when I return to bed. Same for my wife except it controls her bath lights. (Controlled by under mattress pad switches.)

I also discovered I can use my Amazon Fire TV remote to control the Echo. From my bed, I simply say "Turn on Night Mode" into the remote and the above sequence is activated.

Great work, HST.

Comment

Make sure you can log into your system from myhs.homeseer.com. If you previously linked, make sure you unlink those from the alexa app.

Originally posted by JB NY View Post
                          The new link provided after I log in with my amazon ID it brings me to a blank page.

Comment

Working...
                          X