My Echo arrives today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Echo arrives today

There's really no point to my post. Just wanted to announce that I'm getting my Echo today.

Then I will post a pointless reply...congratulations!

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

Yay!... more testers
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Can honestly say it's made an excellent addition to our HS system. My wife (who usually doesn't embrace this stuff), took to it pretty quickly as the new API way (vs the skill) just works... and works well.

Comment

My only issue with all this stuff is that it all works well until the API gets changed. Of course, it most likely occurs when your on business oversea...
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Echo = High WAF

Comment

My three year old grandson has fun turning the lights on and off with Alexa. It's great!

Comment

I was hoping you were going to post the steps needed to get up and running. I have been following the Echo posts (some now book length) because I was waiting for a sale and finally made a purchase last week. Delivery is in mid-May.

So how did the setup go?

Thanks,
                  Barry

Comment

It was a breeze. Download the Echo app for the initial Echo setup. Once your Echo is connected to your WiFi, just request access to Homeseer here: http://homeseer.com/echo-access.html

Keep in mind this is for the Amazon Connected Home API which is still in beta. If you want a more stable experience use the Homeseer Skill which can be found in the Alexa app.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                      It was a breeze. Download the Echo app for the initial Echo setup. Once your Echo is connected to your WiFi, just request access to Homeseer here: http://homeseer.com/echo-access.html

Keep in mind this is for the Amazon Connected Home API which is still in beta. If you want a more stable experience use the Homeseer Skill which can be found in the Alexa app.
                      Great! Now just the waiting. I'm glad you decided to do a pointless post.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post

Did this work for you? What version of HS3 are you running?
                        I installed 284 and my echo could not find my HS3 devices when I ran the discovery process. Then 284 broke my event engine so I rolled back to 218. Would be nice to upgrade HS3 to a stable version that supports echo and works. Curious what you're running. If running linux even better.

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
                          Did this work for you? What version of HS3 are you running?
                          I installed 284 and my echo could not find my HS3 devices when I ran the discovery process. Then 284 broke my event engine so I rolled back to 218. Would be nice to upgrade HS3 to a stable version that supports echo and works. Curious what you're running. If running linux even better.
                          I'm running 280. Did you enable your devices for voice control? It's definitely working!

I'm on Windows btw.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Enabling for voice control is making sure the "Control Use" setting under the Graphics tab of the device is anything BUT "Not Specified" correct?
                            Most of my devices have either "on" or "off" in the Control Use field so shouldn't they be discovered?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
                              Enabling for voice control is making sure the "Control Use" setting under the Graphics tab of the device is anything BUT "Not Specified" correct?
                              Most of my devices have either "on" or "off" in the Control Use field so shouldn't they be discovered?
                              Yes but also on the configuration tab of the device is the use voice control checkbox selected?

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X