Homeseer dimmer inconsistent event triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer dimmer inconsistent event triggering

Building a home and just installed around 25 Homeseer dimmers. Began setting up a few events and am running into intermittent problems. I created an even where if I triple down click either the switch at the stairs or the switch in the master bedroom it will turn off most of the lights in the house and set a few to 10% dim. Sometimes while clicking three times this works, sometimes it does not. In some cases I can triple click multiple times without it running the event, then cycle the same switch on and/or off normally, then triple click again and it will run the scene as expected. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction to diagnose this issue?

The main clue I have at this time is that in all cases of it not working. Cycling the switch either on or off seems to establish communication with that switch, allowing me to run the triple click scene afterwards.

In your event logic are you using Changes and Becomes Triple tap? If so try using Set To Triple Tap.
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I will switch that and report back, thank you.

Comment

Appears to have fixed it thank you

Comment

Just as a means of clarification that you may already know. If you double tapped a switch yesterday, it will remain at "Key Pressed Twice" until another scene is entered. If the next time you touch it you entered a double tap again, the value does not change, it is simply "set". The trigger "This device changes and becomes..." requires the value of the device to be different when it is set. "This device had its value set to..." does not require a value change, only that the device's value was just set.

For remote controls and scene controllers, you always want to use "This device had its value set to..." since they are likely to have the same button pressed again.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

+1 Randy, thanks
            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

Working...