Geofency re-installation after iphone replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofency re-installation after iphone replacement

I had to replace my iphone after a major defect in the device, for a while I wanted to re-install all apps and start from scratch instead of starting from a backup BUT...

I found out that Geofency does not have any config backup/restore option and I had to recreate all my monitored zones; ibeacon, geo-locations...

That being done, I tought that everything would work back fine with the PHLocation plugin ERROR... I find out that every recreated motitored zone once entered/exited created new devices on my homeseer with new ID's making my 45 geofency related events unusable without me changing all the ID's in all the 45 events.

My question wich I hope have a solution to help others or me eventually is; Is there a way when re-installing geofency for it to use back all the previous PHLdevices and not create new ones ?

Also, is anyone aware of a backup/restore sulution for geofency on the idevice ?

thanks for reading me

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
    I had to replace my iphone after a major defect in the device, for a while I wanted to re-install all apps and start from scratch instead of starting from a backup BUT...

I found out that Geofency does not have any config backup/restore option and I had to recreate all my monitored zones; ibeacon, geo-locations...

That being done, I tought that everything would work back fine with the PHLocation plugin ERROR... I find out that every recreated motitored zone once entered/exited created new devices on my homeseer with ne ID's making my 45 geofency related events unusable without me changing all the ID's in all the 45 events.

My question wich I hope have a solution to help others or me eventually is; Is there a way when re-installing geofency for it to use back all the previous PHLdevices and not create new ones ?

Also, is anyone aware of a backup/restore sulution for geofency on the idevice ?

thanks for reading me
    When I replaced both of our iPhones I had to reinstall GeoFency and recreate all my fences and iBeacons on the phones, using the same names. Then I manually posted a fence entry on each phone to get the new GeoFency Device ID from the GeoFency post in the HS log. I entered the new GeoFency Device ID into the root Devices in HS for each phone. Then it used all of the old HS devices without needing to edit events.

PHL shouldn’t have created new root devices in HS without manually entering the GeoFency Device ID manually in a new root.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Brilliant, why did'nt I tought of this before, I would have save a couple of hours if my life...

Comment

Unable to get Geofency Device ID for new iPhone

Hi guys,

I am currently unable to get the Geofency Device ID for new iPhone.
        I did recently upgrade my iPhone and the Geofency app along with all my fences were re-installed from -previous- phone backup.
        However, now when manually posting/testing a fence enter/exit I am getting the following error: "Failed, cancelled"; and have not seen any Device ID on the HS Log.

What Am I missing? How can I get the Geofency Device ID for the new iPhone? TIA.

Comment

Working...
        X