Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to change below the line that says Don't Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to change below the line that says Don't Change?

In the boiler plate script for API mode, is it okay to change Ethernet.h to Ethernet2.h and EthernetUdp.h to EthernetUdp2.h in the include statements below to accommodate a w5500 series Ethernet shield instead of a w5100?

HTML Code:
    //************Do not change anything after Here*****************

#define ISIP 1
    #define BoardType 1
    const byte BoardAdd = 1;

#include <EEPROM.h>

#if BoardType == 3
    #include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
    #include <WiFiUdp.h>
    #include <ESP8266mDNS.h>
    #include <ArduinoOTA.h>
    char ssid[] = "TALKTALK-C94ECC";
    char pass[] = "YNH9EXWA";
    #else
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <Ethernet.h>
    #include <EthernetUdp.h>
    #endif

Looking for some guidance on what to do when my sketch contains an #include that conflicts with the stock #include.

Comment

It might and it might not. Depends on if the same function names and parameters are the same in each.

Change the include names and try and compile and link. If everything resolves it would be worth testing.

Comment

I posted this -
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193745

I changed to the W5100 boards and I'm having trouble getting them to power up on a restart. It is a power supply issue from what I'm reading, but is keeping me from deploying the hardware in remote locations. So I'd be interested in your experimenting.

Barry

Comment

FYI if you are using the Beta version the is a check box called Ethernet Shield V2 that is for this. If it is checked then the sketch is downloaded you will see the changes.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Working...
          X