• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound on ALL sound cards...??

OK, Here is the situation:
    -Multiple USB sound cards

Multiple copies of Winamp, each setup to play on a specific sound card

I can start EACH Winamp, which plays MP3s fine to EACH card (read "Zone").

Without Winamp playing (just to tell everyone the details, consequential or not), I start One copy of the HS Speaker on the server (which has ALL the USB sound cards). Run
    Code:
    &hs.PlayWavFileEx "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Wave\chimes\westminster05.wav",0,-1,-1,False,"MyServer:SCARD2"
    not a problem. So long as that is the Speaker.exe that is running. I can repeat this changing the Speaker.exe AND the command at the end (SCARD1,2,3, etc.).

Ok, start a second copy of Speaker. Now I have Myserver:SCARD1 and Myserver:SCARD2 running.

Code:
    &hs.PlayWavFileEx "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Wave\chimes\westminster05.wav",0,-1,-1,False,"MyServer:SCARD2,MyServer:SCARD1"
    or
    MyServer:*

or

nothing for that field (as in play on ALL instances for speaker).

Each speaker instance is configured to play to a different sound card. EACH one works fine by themselves (close ALL speaker apps. load one at a time run command to play on * or that specific instance).

So, why would this not work when I load multiples? (I have tried 2, and 3 copies of HS speaker app.).

Winamp can play out to each USB card without issue.
    Is there a limitation to the Speaker application?

Is there a setting to get the HS speaker application to work on the same PC at the same time?

When the command is run, the wave shows up in each speaker application's message box indicating that it is playing. However, I did not notice any errors in any logs. I will try again to be certain (I did not take notes on paper and memory is telling me no errors as I would have copied it down).

Thanks to all!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Dan,
    Have you tried the same scenario using HS.speak? I think this should work. If I'm not mistaken and I very well could be, the wav device is only "settable" to one device because the wav output is handled via media player and it only allows one sound card out put at a time.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

No, I have not. I'll give it a whirl and report back.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

OK, I tried hs.speak

Code:
        &hs.speak "This is a long text string used to see if all the speakers are playing in the house",False, "bobobox:scard1"
        scard 1,2,3.

each worked fine at the same time, with all 3 instances loaded.

So...HOW do we play a wave file to each sound card at the same time??

Dang it!

--Dan

Comment

Working...
        X