Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the SqueezeBox Plugin support "Play an Audio File" event actions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the SqueezeBox Plugin support "Play an Audio File" event actions?

I have several Squeezebox players successfully speaking TTS messages. However, they do not appear to participate in "Play an Audio File" event actions, even if specifically added as clients. Does the Squeezebox Plugin current support this event action?

If not, I'd like to submit it as a feature request.

Can you post how you configured it (screenshot) and what media format it is? I assume this is an action or something in HS3 not playing an LMS playlist or track from the LMS library.

Comment

Yes, this is a built-in HS event action. In certain events, such as motion near an exterior door, I play a short distinct sound, then a TTS announcement. The sound make it easy to quickly determine where the motion is located. Here is a screenshot of a test event. The TTS plays on the player, but the audio file does not.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try the speak action specifying the path to the media file. I will have to look at the play audio (in a week or so) and not sure if plugins can be triggered when the play audio action is used/
        Attached Files

Comment

Playing the file via the speech action worked, although I just got static sometimes when I used an mp3 file. A wav file worked better.

If there is way to hook into the Play an Audio File action, that would be awesome! If not, there is a workaround, so it isn't the end of the world.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X