Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming to Homeseer anytime soon? (Door lock support) - Now working!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to Homeseer anytime soon? (Door lock support) - Now working!

Locks:
    Google Assistant and Home can now natively control your smart locks
    Last edited by Tygerr; January 18, 2018, 02:49 AM. Reason: Cleaned up URL

Added it yesterday and is now active. You can do both lock and unlock.

Note:

With door locks you will need to edit the lock device, Status/Graphics tab and make sure the lock and unlock device have the "Control Use" setting set to "Door Lock" and "Door Unlock"

Last edited by rjh; January 18, 2018, 04:13 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

@rjh I think there may be an issue somewhere. If I set the control status for lock/unlock, then enable the voice command support in Homeseer, the devices won't sync correctly and fail. I also attempted to unlink/relink my account, and it will also fail if a lock is enabled. As soon as I uncheck the voice command, it works fine.

Comment

I will have the developer investigate. What kind of lock to you have? Can you post a screen shot of the status/graphics page?

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
        @rjh I think there may be an issue somewhere. If I set the control status for lock/unlock, then enable the voice command support in Homeseer, the devices won't sync correctly and fail. I also attempted to unlink/relink my account, and it will also fail if a lock is enabled. As soon as I uncheck the voice command, it works fine.

Comment

Schlage Connect BE469NX CAM 619 Touchscreen Deadbolt, Z-wave

EDIT: I currently only have one enabled for testing.
          EDIT2: Thank you for the super-quick response!
          Attached Files

Comment

This should be all set.

Let me know if you still have an issue with this.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
              This should be all set.

Let me know if you still have an issue with this.
              Confirmed, thanks for the quick resolution! It's working great.

Comment

Can the same be used for Garage Doors to issue Open/Close commands instead of Lock/Unlock

Comment

For garage doors, just set the ControlUse property on your garage door device and set the Open/Close values to ControlUse_On and ControlUse_Off.

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                  Can the same be used for Garage Doors to issue Open/Close commands instead of Lock/Unlock

Comment

I can confirm that locks are showing up as locks in GH now. Changing the control use to lock/unlock on any device will also reflect in google home.

I find it very nice that it will cross reference words which is very nice for my purpose to open/close garage and doors.

IE: Lock, Close, Secure will unlock or open and Lock, Open will result in exactly that. Takes the guess work out what command to issue.

VERY NICE!

Comment

@Sgt. Shultz

Not sure if a Google Home or a Homeseer bug, but it doesn't seem to report my lock state correctly. I will say "Unlock Door A", and it will unlock. If I ask Google "Is Door A locked?" it was says "Yes, Door A is locked", but it's still unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        For garage doors, just set the ControlUse property on your garage door device and set the Open/Close values to ControlUse_On and ControlUse_Off.
                        This wasn't really obvious to me, but I got it working. If I set ControlUse to On/Off, GH still required me to say on/off. However, I changed it to be lock/unlock and I could use the open/close phrases in GH. Between Rich's and Danny's comments I was able to put the two together and wanted to pass this along.
                        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                        Web Site
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

I did not know that would work, good information. Amazon has not documented all the commands you can use for various devices, but they obviously have some logic in place.

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                          This wasn't really obvious to me, but I got it working. If I set ControlUse to On/Off, GH still required me to say on/off. However, I changed it to be lock/unlock and I could use the open/close phrases in GH. Between Rich's and Danny's comments I was able to put the two together and wanted to pass this along.

Comment

Great but ...

This is all great and valuable information. However it is a hassle to go around the postings in the forum and collect HS3/GH integration info piece by piece like a bee.

Is HS3/GH integration documented somewhere to get all of it at once?

Comment

Anyone have an update on this? Schlage connect locks are now compatible with Google Home but it doesn't work through Homeseer still?

Comment

Working...
                              X