• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Why ofcourse.

the documentation is here for all JSON
    http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._with_json.htm

But specificly you answer or command would be this to run by the event name or ID number:

/JSON?request=runevent&group=GROUPNAME&name=EVENTNAME

OR

/JSON?request=runevent&id=EVENT_ID
    Man you're fast... realizing I found the answer to my question, I deleted my post to save the embarrassment

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

So just had a thought and wondered if this would work with Jon00's Alexa helper script (2.0)?... That would be way cool!

Jon??

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Man you're fast... realizing I found the answer to my question, I deleted my post to save the embarrassment

Robert
        No embarrassment intended, but I do think its a good idea to leave this info up for anyone else that might have the same question. I'm sure your not the only one.

I also don;t think anyone has had this problem yet but for some of the newer users it should be noted that "Allow Control by JSON" should be checked or enabled in the HS3 network settings page or none of this will work.

Comment

No embarrassment intended, but I do think its a good idea to leave this info up for anyone else that might have the same question. I'm sure your not the only one.

I also don;t think anyone has had this problem yet but for some of the newer users it should be noted that "Allow Control by JSON" should be checked or enabled in the HS3 network settings page or none of this will work.
          Nice catch, I've added that to the first post

Comment

So just had a thought and wondered if this would work with Jon00's Alexa helper script (2.0)?... That would be way cool!

Jon??

Robert
            I know you or someone mentioned it in the other thread yesterday, but I have never heard of it or used it myself. I did look it up but I didn't put any time into reading it.

I also noticed you guys were using ALEXA way more then I like too. Honestly I'm not a huge voice control fan myself. I use it very basically and every once in awhile. Mostly lights and tv control

Kid watching tv when hes supposed to be cleaning up..... If feel like I might what to beat him with the remote after I get it from him I don't even ask for it I just tell Alexa to turn off the tv and walk away putting an end to the whole deal.

Comment

I hear ya... was there once.

I too used alexa to turn off and on the TV. Having Jon's helper (though not the last couple of days), I can pass in the channel number I want and have it change it - or volume etc. (On those occasions when extending the hand is too much work or the remote is far away). It would be a long shot, but would be nice to pass parameters using this method.

Robert

Comment

I hear ya... was there once.

I too used alexa to turn off and on the TV. Having Jon's helper (though not the last couple of days), I can pass in the channel number I want and have it change it - or volume etc. (On those occasions when extending the hand is too much work or the remote is far away). It would be a long shot, but would be nice to pass parameters using this method.

Robert
                I can't think that it would work at all since this is a "HUE" (virtual, clone, emulator or what ever you want to call it) device it really is only made to do what hue and Echo can do together. I don't think that has of passing any parameters in it.

Also there is not many options or any (besides the 100.00 harmony z-wave box) that let you pass harmony home control remote buttons to a z-wave device. This does that for me. So each room I have a harmony remote in (which is almost all now) I can have that remote control any of the lights or devices I want from the TV remote buttons. So this does more then just Alexa/Echo control for me.

Comment

I can't think that it would work at all since this is a "HUE" (virtual, clone, emulator or what ever you want to call it) device it really is only made to do what hue and Echo can do together. I don't think that has of passing any parameters in it.

Also there is not many options or any (besides the 100.00 harmony z-wave box) that let you pass harmony home control remote buttons to a z-wave device. This does that for me. So each room I have a harmony remote in (which is almost all now) I can have that remote control any of the lights or devices I want from the TV remote buttons. So this does more then just Alexa/Echo control for me.
                  I also have Harmony's in each room. I'm so gonna try and set this up. Could add some "WAF" and "DAF" (Daughter Approval Factor? LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    I also have Harmony's in each room. I'm so gonna try and set this up. Could add some "WAF" and "DAF" (Daughter Approval Factor? LOL).
                    You have Harmony "Home" remote right?

Run it, use the Harmony app to add a hue bridge, give it some time it usually pops up a screen that says press button on Hue hub (ignore that a wait a bit) then it should slide past that and add all the lights (or devices) you have created in the java program web ui. You can then assign "Home" buttons to the devices you just added to turn on/off/dim those devices from the remote without changing any activities.

Comment

In case anyone else runs into this. I couldn't get port 50000 (the default udp port for uPnP) to work on my windows machine (Windows Server 2012r2 Essentials). Apparently dns.exe was taking up 2500 ports which included the 50000-50020 range that the ha-bridge uses.

So I used netstat to find a port that was not used (I actually exported the output to file: netstat -bano > netstat.txt).

Then I stoped dns.exe: net stop dns
                      Then I started up the ha-bridge and let it load. I changed the UDP port to one that I knew wasn't used and stopped the ha-bridge again.
                      Then I started dns.exe: net start dns
                      and finally started up the ha-bridge.

It now works

Comment

You have Harmony "Home" remote right?

Run it, use the Harmony app to add a hue bridge, give it some time it usually pops up a screen that says press button on Hue hub (ignore that a wait a bit) then it should slide past that and add all the lights (or devices) you have created in the java program web ui. You can then assign "Home" buttons to the devices you just added to turn on/off/dim those devices from the remote without changing any activities.
                        I don't have a Harmony Home. I have a Harmony Ultimate (in the living room, which is my first test). I tell it to scan for Wi-Fi devices, but it doesn't find it.

I've had a hue hub connected to it forever, so I know it works with an actual HUE. I've opened up the UDP port 49000 (which I had to use instead of 50000) and TCP port 85. Am I missing something?

Comment

I don't have a Harmony Home. I have a Harmony Ultimate (in the living room, which is my first test). I tell it to scan for Wi-Fi devices, but it doesn't find it.

I've had a hue hub connected to it forever, so I know it works with an actual HUE. I've opened up the UDP port 49000 (which I had to use instead of 50000) and TCP port 85. Am I missing something?
                          I've got two Harmony Ultimates and Hubs and have just added hue hub without any issues to both of them.

So it does work!

Comment

I don't think you can change the port. Hue hub should be dedicated to one port which is probley that 50000. If you chnage that port I would assume that Harmony is looking for the HUE hub only on that standard HUE port.

Also I don't know how this works on the Ultimate (or if it even works) but on the home you don't scan for wifi devices. You scan for home connected devices and choose HUE from the list of compatible devices.

Harmony Home is set to search and connect to a HUE bridge when you do that at which point it will discover this Java Bridge as a HUE Bridge.

Comment

I don't think you can change the port. Hue hub should be dedicated to one port which is probley that 50000. If you chnage that port I would assume that Harmony is looking for the HUE hub only on that standard HUE port.

Also I don't know how this works on the Ultimate (or if it even works) but on the home you don't scan for wifi devices. You scan for home connected devices and choose HUE from the list of compatible devices.

Harmony Home is set to search and connect to a HUE bridge when you do that at which point it will discover this Java Bridge as a HUE Bridge.
                              I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have my actual hue hub connected just fine to that hub. I tried disabling the dns service, setting the port back to 50000 and it still didn't find it.

I have 3 harmony home control's for the bedrooms. I will try one of those just in case.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have my actual hue hub connected just fine to that hub. I tried disabling the dns service, setting the port back to 50000 and it still didn't find it.

I have 3 harmony home control's for the bedrooms. I will try one of those just in case.
                                I guess you can't add more than 1 hub at atime to the Harmony. I will have to remove the one I have now and add the new one. I think I can use the hue proxy stuff in ha-bridge to still keep my hue devices on the harmony.

Comment

Working...
                                X