Bobcat Strangeness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcat Strangeness?

I have two devices for the bobcat. One is the variable 10 and the other is bobcat humidity unit 2.
    The variable displays 10 and bobcat reads correct and the values correspond with one aother (values the same).

However, randomly I look at the variable and bobcat humidity values and the variable device name changes from variable to bobcat unit 5 with a value of zero and bobcat unit 2 value is -100. If I do a device update everything displays normal again until the next time it decides to change. I have tried shutting homeseer down and still get this random behavior. Very weird !!!! Any ideas would be much appreciated !!!!! Rick

Hi Rick,
    Yes, that sounds strange. I tested my lab system this morning and am not able to reproduce this issue. There is nothing in the plugin code that would cause that to happen. I will spend some more time on it over the weekend.

Bruce

Comment

Should I try removing the bobcat humidity device and its variable and try creating again. Sometimes everything displays just fine. This is an intermittent issue.

Could another plugin like the harmony hub plugins cause this?

Thanks for your continued help on this issue !!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
        Should I try removing the bobcat humidity device and its variable and try creating again. Sometimes everything displays just fine. This is an intermittent issue.

You could try it, but you will have to add them back to any events that use them.

Could another plugin like the harmony hub plugins cause this?

I do not know why another plugin would cause that to happen.

Thanks for your continued help on this issue !!!! Rick
        Thanks,
        Bruce

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I did update hs3 software to version .435. I have disabled the Harmony Hub plugin in the plugin manager. Will see what happens. Interesting that when I perform a poll of devices everything goes back to what it should be.

Does disabling the plugin keep it from affecting other plugins or does it actually need to be removed?

I will also try removing bobcat and its variable and recreating them to see if this helps. Will the bobcat unit number report the same when I recreate it? Also do I really need the variable showing as a device as I am only concerned with the humidity value from humidity bobcat itself. Don't have any events set up at the moment that are using the humidity value yet. Thanks again Bruce !!!! I really like your plugin !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            Hi Bruce,

I did update hs3 software to version .435. I have disabled the Harmony Hub plugin in the plugin manager. Will see what happens. Interesting that when I perform a poll of devices everything goes back to what it should be.

Does disabling the plugin keep it from affecting other plugins or does it actually need to be removed?

Disabling the plugin will stop its code from running, same as removing it.

I will also try removing bobcat and its variable and recreating them to see if this helps. Will the bobcat unit number report the same when I recreate it?

Yes it will.

Also do I really need the variable showing as a device as I am only concerned with the humidity value from humidity bobcat itself.

No, you don't need both the variable and the Bobcat device.

Don't have any events set up at the moment that are using the humidity value yet. Thanks again Bruce !!!! I really like your plugin !!!!! Rick
            Thanks,
            Bruce

Comment

Removing bobcat and variable and then re-creating them seems to have done the trick. Thanks again !!!!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Working...
              X