replacing node (device)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing node (device)?

If you want to replace a device, is there an easy way to go into HS and replace a device then add a new device so it can inherit the names, events and settings of the old one?

Yes/no...there is the replacement function that existed in HS2 that you can access at http://HSIP/repl and your devices will swap references. It will replace itself in events but won't give you the old device name/settings. I'd just use it with some caution as it is unsupported by HS and I don't know how it behaves if you have devices with different value/status pairs and the like.

Unless you were talking about changing hundreds of events I would just do it by hand.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here with Mr. Happy's reply but if you physically remove and replace a light switch on the wall in your house, go into the root device of that old and not responding light switch (either it was broke and not responding before or now that you unpowered it and removed it from the wall its now not responding), hit the z-wave tab, then hit replace node and replace with a new switch all the name node ID and events will work.

After you do this you should also rescan that device after. There used to be issues with people swapping brands of light switches and each switch has different features and compaibilities. So the rescan fixes all that and updates HS3 to the new switches info.

I'm pretty sure you will still have issues if your trying to replace say a light switch with a Motion sensor.

Comment

The Replace Node function actually works very well for a single device replacement. I'm in the process of replacing old HA02 appliance modules with the newer HS-PA100+ modules. The Replace Node is what you want to use.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

In my case the z-wave plugin for no apparent reason forgot about one of my light switches. When I go to the z-wave plugin and look up the node information the light switch is missing. When I go to the z-wave tab of the device (in device management) then I get "Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config". There is no "replace node" button. So does this "replace" only work if the device is still active? That would seem strange because if you switch a switch how can you still have to old one active and the new one as well (so you can tell HS with which one to replace it with). Btw, I did try the recreate database but that didn't help.

Comment

Working...
          X