This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,
    That sounds promising but my Homeseer PC only has USB and ethernet ports. How can I create a virtual COM port that will send commands via ethernet?
    Thanks for any suggestions!
    Amit

Comment

I used a software program called Virtual Serial Ports Emulator from http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html to create a virtual COM port and a TCPConnector to the IP address and port of the globalcache device.

Comment

Aha, amazing. That fills in the missing pieces for me! Thank you.
        Time to go shopping!

Comment

Great. You will need to have it configured to automatically restart anytime your computer reboots. I did this by putting the configuration file in the windows startup folder.

Comment

Anyone attempt this plugin with the Hayward OmniLogic system?

Comment

Mister2t Can you share how you created the virtual COM port using eterlogic? I attached a screenshot of what I think is correct? I created a Connector device COM1, and also created a TCPClient device using the IP and port of the Global Cache serial device.

Does that look correct?

Will purchasing a license get rid of the Initializing state I keep seeing?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

nuttynet, that looks correct to me. Is it working? I think the port I used was 4999, but maybe the globalcache device I used had different setup than yours.

No clue about the "initializing state" message. I purchased a license from the beginning. Mine only showed that status upon first establishing a connection.

Comment

Mister2t Thanks for the reply! I am doing some reno's around the pool and gearing up to install the PS4 and some other gear. I will purchase a license once I install everything agian and hopefully that will solve it.

Comment

Does this plugin work with the PL-PS-4 Aqua Logic control panel? The plugin docs say must be the PS model. Confused that this model is PL-PS.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X