Updating HomeTroller2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating HomeTroller2 to HS3

Ok, this is an old Hometroller 2 system (circa 2008) still running Win-XP Embedded and HS Standard Edition 2.5.0.52. It is 99.9% X10 devices (~60 when they were all operating). There is only 1 non-HS Zwave light switch. Zwave interface is Z-Troller, Firmware Ver 1.17

I have a HS3 flash drive to update the system. Although purchased in 2013, I never updated the system. This system has been chugging along for 10 years, running pretty much the same routines day after day. Why mess with it.

Fast forward to today; X10 devices continue to fail and the most type reliable devices are hard to find. As a first step into updating all devices to Zwave, I purchased 2, HS-WD100+ dimmers (LED lighting) and 2, Jasco/GE 12726 heavy duty switches (pool pump control). None of these new ZWave+ devices will add to the system through the Z-Troller.

I am asking for opinions. Is this just a software revision problem -or- should I cut my losses and change to a HomeTroller-SEL ?

If I go the HomeTroller-SEL route, will I still be able to have an X10 interface?

Thanks,
    Rick in Florida
Working...
X