Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using BI camera motion to power on lights !Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using BI camera motion to power on lights !Help!

Hi
    I a newbie with Homeseer. I am trying to use the motion from Blue iris camera to trigger my front lights for 10 mins but it is not working. Would appreciate if someone could help

So far this is what am doing

Blue Iris plugins is working fine in homeseer

Setup the Trigger in the camera as follows
    <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Run a test and i can see in Homeseer it is working in the log" It's working! TEST alert received for Entry"

But when i create an event it doesnt work, only thing in the log is see

"Successfully logged in to BlueIris server:"
    Attached Files

Have you set up Trigger in BI?

Out of the box, there are no triggers IIRC.

Do a YouTube search and you fill find some very good videos on motion triggers as wells as other settings.
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
      Have you set up Trigger in BI?

Out of the box, there are no triggers IIRC.

Do a YouTube search and you fill find some very good videos on motion triggers as wells as other settings.
      Thanks. Will give it a go

Comment

Yeah. Sounds like something in BI isn't configured correctly. The only thing I can see in your event that might possibly be off is your selected zone. That all said, I've found the camera analytics in BI to be crappy at best. I thought it was going to be my golden unicorn but mostly it just tells me that people are approaching my house from the front when they aren't and doesn't when they are and keeps me on edge all the time thinking that I'm receiving unexpected and unwanted visitors or thinking that I might be receiving same said visitors with no announcement.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by fred73 View Post
          Hi

I a newbie with Homeseer. I am trying to use the motion from Blue iris camera to trigger my front lights for 10 mins but it is not working. Would appreciate if someone could help

So far this is what am doing

Blue Iris plugins is working fine in homeseer

Setup the Trigger in the camera as follows

<homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Run a test and i can see in Homeseer it is working in the log" It's working! TEST alert received for Entry"

But when i create an event it doesnt work, only thing in the log is see

"Successfully logged in to BlueIris server:"
          cheeryfool

Comment

Attached Files
            Michael

Comment

And ...
              Attached Files
              Michael

Comment

And ...
                Hi

Thanks. i am doing exactly as mentioned above, using json file and trigger the Camera in Blue iris application itself

What i am found is that it will work during the day and not in the night. So i am playing with my trigger and sensitivity to see what it the issue

Comment

And ...
                  I give up as i cannot understand why it is still not working

If i do a manual trigger from the Blue Iris application, the events works and the light powers on.

But when i walk under the camera nothing happens. I still have a motion recording and also Blue Iris sent me email as alert but nothing In Homeseer

Comment

As I previously wrote, our setup is dependent on the BI PI. Why not download as a trial and see if the above works for you?
                    Michael

Comment

As I previously wrote, our setup is dependent on the BI PI. Why not download as a trial and see if the above works for you?
                      HI

I am

I have the latest BI version and also a License BI plugins in Homeseer

I am using the JSon file and if i trigger the camera manually in the BI application , everything works fine

But not automatically when there is a motion in BI

Comment

Originally posted by fred73 View Post
                        HI

I am

I have the latest BI version and also a License BI plugins in Homeseer

I am using the JSon file and if i trigger the camera manually in the BI application , everything works fine

But not automatically when there is a motion in BI

you have to turn on debug in the BI plugin to see more than Successfully logged in to BlueIris server:

if you go in to hs3 and click on the "trigger" button for a camera does it change the icon to "rec"? then check the blueiris server, did it record a video? if that is working properly...then I would delete the event and create a new one. maybe even make a virtual switch to test with...so instead of turning on the light, just turn on the virtual switch... also the zones in the blue iris server need to match the zones selected in the blue iris plugin when you set up the event

Comment

Michael

Comment

the Json file is fine lol

Its a weird one

Comment

I do get the {"response":"ok - got the Trigger alert for "}

So i assume it is working fine

Comment

Working...
                              X