Weeder IO boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeder IO boards

Weeder Tech (www.weedtech.com) makes an interesting line of IO boards. They run off an RS232 port and are daisy chained so only one port is needed. Of interest to HA enthusiasts are three boards in particular, Dgital IO, Solid State relays, and Thermocouples.

I have developed and posted on my web site (www.the-gordons.net) a Plug-in for the Weeder IO boards which now handles the three board types mentioned above. For Digital IO the Plug-in only handles digital inputs.

This is a significant re-write of the old version which did not handle the thermocouple boards. I am using it in production under HS 2.2 and have tseted it under 2.1. At least one other individual is using this version.

The plugin will also act as a speech proxy if desired. I did this since it was highly probable that the "Speech Proxy" function would want to control speaker relays to select zones for anouncements. The plugin allows for all of that in a very efficient manner.

Event triggers are available for the digital inputs (latching open or closed, Momentary) and for thermocouple temperatures exceeding high or low limits.

A full scripting interface is also provided to control the relays, and set thermocouple parameters (probe rate, Hi and low limits) in addition to reading a thermocouple' current temperature value.

If you are interested, I do not charge for Plug-ins I develop, and I do fully support them. The plug-in comes with a full documentation package.

Thanks Barry. I'm new to Homeseer, but am anxious to use your plugin with my recently ordered Weeder Digtal IO board!

Comment

Working...
    X